Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 75

December 22, 2015, 03:21:25 AM

Okay...we are getting down to the nitty gritty. After this, I have enough poster for 1 more full post and then a partial post...unless I buy more. Argh. I'm trying to save the best for last so this grouping of 10 will have not be the most exciting.

And now, on to the SHOCK-A-RAMA Poster Show:

SABU AND THE MAGIC RING:


I came across this and was enchanted with the fantasy quality of the poster. It set me back a whole $5.50. Sure it has some obvious issues (see the corner), but it doesn't ;look to bad. How fun.





THE NANNY:


From the same dealer, this one set me back $5. Zowie!  Upping my later Bette Davis poster quota. I've never seen this, but she plays a nanny from Hell, right? Sounds like a hoot!





FRIDAY THE 13TH (Japanese B2):


Gingerman snagged the one on emovie a while back---but i tracked this one down. I needed it to go with my B2 PART 2 and PART 3. This will probably be the last Japanese poster I buy as I am focusing on my bucket list in 2016. But I got one---yippie!





RAIDERS OF THE LIVING DEAD:


This is such a crappy movie and the poster is a dime a dozen. i probably already have one, but just to be sure I snagged one now. Crap or not, it's still a zombie flick--sort of.





SURVIVE (German):


I stumbled upon this Germ,an poster for the exploitation classic "SURVIVE". It's the most graphic poster for the film i've seen... (well, it's not THAT graphic, but...) and I picked it up for under $15 (including shipping). Sale-a-rama!!!





THE CRIME OF DAVID LEVENSTEIN (Italian 2F):


I had no idea what this was when I picked it up as I don't speak Italian. It looked like a nazisploitation flick (well, doesn't it?)...and it apparently kind of is, but came before the nazisploitation genre kicked into gear. THE CRIME OF DAVID LEVENSTEIN sounds like it was nazisploitation meets DEATH WISH. Levenstein is [picked out as a Jew and sent to a concentration camp. he survives and, years later, goes after those who tormented him and his family in the camps!!!  Actually, it sounds kind of good... Anyway, i really dig the artwork here. Very nice work.





THE BAD SEED:


Oooo the all-time original killer kid classic. I met Patty McCormack who played Rhoda Penmark. NOW I have the poster. AWESOME! (And I didn't have to knock anyone off to get it. Ha!)





UNKNOWN TERROR:


Old B-Movie poster time. I've never seen this---looks like it was typical low budget drive-in crap? Whoo hoo!





VENGEANCE OF SHE:


I may already have this---but certainly do NOT have the Ursula Andress SHE (or the original silent classic poster either). I've never seen any of the SHE flicks...but really feel i should.  They're quasi-classics, right?





KISS THEM FOR ME:


Never saw this either, but it's JAYNE MANSFIELD...from her A-list star days (which were o' so short...). Carey Grant ius in this too. Yowza!





FIRST MEN IN THE MOON:


Hooray!  Years ago I got the alternate poster (without realizing it was the alternate poster after spending big bucks on it) but really wanted this version with the cool action-packed scenes from the film added in. Love it. And DYNAMATION!!!!  I'm such a gimmick whore.






Okay...we are down to only 1 full post and a fraction of another...  and less than 10 days left of 2015.

Happy holidays!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #12

  Hi there. Yes, I’m back again. Really, I was in a weird, crazed buying frenzy recently. I have enough posters for at least one and a half more posts… But I’ll try to pace myself and hold back a bit. These aren’t that exciting. Actually, neither is the next batch. The batch after that has one or two things I’m especially excited about, but we’ll have to see what trickles in to fill the rest of that post up. But I’m getting ahead of myself. We are on this post. Let’s take a gander at it,  shall we? I hope it won’t be too disappointing. Perhaps there’ll be a poster on here or two that you haven’t seen before. THE QUIET EARTH: While I think I’ve heard of this movie before, and I think I may have seen this poster before, I’m not quite sure. If I have seen this poster before, I don’t think I actually owned it. Like my last post, this has a few posters that were part of several lots. No, I am not posting all of the posters in the lots. Not all of them appealed to me. This one, thou...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 Special Edition #1

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show . This is a special edition of the poster show. There are no new additions listed. This is about me trying to go through all of the rolled posters I did not have tucked away yet… And the disastrous mess it caused. Last spring, when I was recovering from my cancer surgery, I decided to go through all of the rolled posters I had in tubes that had not been tucked away into my flat files. Oh my God… What a foolish and disastrous undertaking this proved to be. (And I have the really awfully photographed documentation to prove it!) I soon had posters all over the place. In my living room in my TV room and in my dining room. There were posters everywhere. In addition to deciding, which posters to frame for future inclusion on my walls… As soon as I have some free wall, space… I purchased two of the poster-sized portfolios from Baroque Portfolios .  I threw in several posters. I knew these posters would never adorn my walls, because there’s only...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #25

  Welcome back and a big ho-ho-ho! It's my final poster post for the year. It's not a full listing of 10 posters as I usually do. There are only 8 listings (actually only 7 posters and 1 lot of vintage 3D glasses). Ha! I could have held off...but with the year winding down, I just thought I'd post what I've got and start working on 2021 (should I acquire anything between now and Dec. 31st, that is... Which is doubtful, looking ahead at my schedule). As per usual---for this year at least---there isn't really anything monumental in this batch (although one of the posters has been much sought after for a long while now). My move to Washington state has been delayed until next fall (and that is a long story), so I expect any 2021 posters to be less than spectacular as well (because I'll be wanting to save my pennies for the move---and I don't want to keep re-packing the mess that is my movie posters). Anyway, here's the latest and last batch for the year. Ta...