Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 75

December 22, 2015, 03:21:25 AM

Okay...we are getting down to the nitty gritty. After this, I have enough poster for 1 more full post and then a partial post...unless I buy more. Argh. I'm trying to save the best for last so this grouping of 10 will have not be the most exciting.

And now, on to the SHOCK-A-RAMA Poster Show:

SABU AND THE MAGIC RING:


I came across this and was enchanted with the fantasy quality of the poster. It set me back a whole $5.50. Sure it has some obvious issues (see the corner), but it doesn't ;look to bad. How fun.





THE NANNY:


From the same dealer, this one set me back $5. Zowie!  Upping my later Bette Davis poster quota. I've never seen this, but she plays a nanny from Hell, right? Sounds like a hoot!





FRIDAY THE 13TH (Japanese B2):


Gingerman snagged the one on emovie a while back---but i tracked this one down. I needed it to go with my B2 PART 2 and PART 3. This will probably be the last Japanese poster I buy as I am focusing on my bucket list in 2016. But I got one---yippie!





RAIDERS OF THE LIVING DEAD:


This is such a crappy movie and the poster is a dime a dozen. i probably already have one, but just to be sure I snagged one now. Crap or not, it's still a zombie flick--sort of.





SURVIVE (German):


I stumbled upon this Germ,an poster for the exploitation classic "SURVIVE". It's the most graphic poster for the film i've seen... (well, it's not THAT graphic, but...) and I picked it up for under $15 (including shipping). Sale-a-rama!!!





THE CRIME OF DAVID LEVENSTEIN (Italian 2F):


I had no idea what this was when I picked it up as I don't speak Italian. It looked like a nazisploitation flick (well, doesn't it?)...and it apparently kind of is, but came before the nazisploitation genre kicked into gear. THE CRIME OF DAVID LEVENSTEIN sounds like it was nazisploitation meets DEATH WISH. Levenstein is [picked out as a Jew and sent to a concentration camp. he survives and, years later, goes after those who tormented him and his family in the camps!!!  Actually, it sounds kind of good... Anyway, i really dig the artwork here. Very nice work.





THE BAD SEED:


Oooo the all-time original killer kid classic. I met Patty McCormack who played Rhoda Penmark. NOW I have the poster. AWESOME! (And I didn't have to knock anyone off to get it. Ha!)





UNKNOWN TERROR:


Old B-Movie poster time. I've never seen this---looks like it was typical low budget drive-in crap? Whoo hoo!





VENGEANCE OF SHE:


I may already have this---but certainly do NOT have the Ursula Andress SHE (or the original silent classic poster either). I've never seen any of the SHE flicks...but really feel i should.  They're quasi-classics, right?





KISS THEM FOR ME:


Never saw this either, but it's JAYNE MANSFIELD...from her A-list star days (which were o' so short...). Carey Grant ius in this too. Yowza!





FIRST MEN IN THE MOON:


Hooray!  Years ago I got the alternate poster (without realizing it was the alternate poster after spending big bucks on it) but really wanted this version with the cool action-packed scenes from the film added in. Love it. And DYNAMATION!!!!  I'm such a gimmick whore.






Okay...we are down to only 1 full post and a fraction of another...  and less than 10 days left of 2015.

Happy holidays!

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On