Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 63

December 02, 2015, 12:13:37 AM

I'm B-A-C-K from my Thanksgiving trip and short hiatus from the boards. I'll be on and off throughout the month before I go on my big hiatus...where I plan to only visit about once a month throughout 2016. Last April when I hit 50, it was my intention to slow down and only buy posters on my bucket list. That kind of fell by the wayside when I discovered the joys (and seductive temptations) of foreign posters!  Italian, French, Mexican, Spanish, German, THAI (! ! ! ! !), Japanese, Belgian, Polish, etc. Instead of buying bucket list titles, i was buying everything and anything on the planet...including a bunch of US crap-ola I didn't need.

So, once 2016 hits, I'll be trying to switch gears again. But more on that plan later...

In the meantime, I have a bunch of new stuff i'll share throughout the coming weeks (before 2016 pops up, anyway). This first batch for the last month of 2015 is snore/bore-inducing.

Here is the absolute dullest shock-a-rama poster show yet. I hope you are sitting down (so you don't have far to fall when you pass out from sheer boredom...). Here we go-go...


THE HILLS HAVE EYES II:

Zowie!  I had seen this ill-advised sequel on video years ago. i never realized it had played theaters. I thought it was strictly a straight-to-video release. WRONG! And here's the lackluster poster to prove it. Oh well, at least Berryman had a job for a few weeks.





EVIL CLUTCH:

I remember reading about this in the pages of FANGORIA magazine eons ago (It's still in publication, right? I haven't picked up an issue in ages, but back in the day, i remember buying the very first issue in the late 70s with GODZILLA on the cover. THAT's how old i am, boys and girls.. EEK!). It sounded good. I had to see it. There was an old theater that kind of converted itself to an art house/revival theater that actually started showing Troma films. I really wanted to go...and when i finally got to one, I was so disappointed because it was just awful. The theater stopped showing Troma films before EVIL CLUTCH came out...but I caught it on video. Crap. Oh well...the poster is quasi-interesting. Why did I bother? Who knows?





ASSAULT OF THE KILLER BIMBOS:


I remember seeing this poster as a coming attraction in the snack bar of an old, long-gone drive in in town back in the day. The poster is boring--and looks very wannabe Valley Girl-esque. But that title, ASSAULT OF THE KILLER BIMBOS...WOW! I had to see it. I waited and waited and waited. it NEVER played town. That should have been a sign. I caught it on video eventually...utterly forgettable. I really don't remember much about it other than they seemed to maybe be on the road the whole movie? Maybe it was a comedic chase film? Flashes of desert-like area... Or maybe I am remembering a completely different film? BIMBOS AWAY... (it was cheap.)





DOLLS:

I never saw this, but looks like typical Charles Band crap-a-rama. And it had a theatrical release. Hmm. This would go with the DOLLY DEAREST poster I got a while back.





HANDS OF DEATH and BLOOD FINGERS combo:

I have NO idea what i was thinking when i bought this turd of a poster. I don't even like martial arts films. An utter waste of cash...





LILO & STITCH lenticular:

I do love my lenticular posters. Ooooo. I'm always on the lookout for bargains too. I've seen the "LILO & STITCH" lenticular offered many times, but usually it is in a foreign language--German, French, Dutch, Japanese... Where the heck was English? i waited and came across one fairly reasonably priced. SOLD!





NAKED EVIL:

Another "what was I thinking?" purchase...  This film is also known as "EXORCISM AT MIDNIGHT". I've seen both versions (on the same DVD). SNORE! It's a black & white, talky British film with absolutely NO horror whatsoever. And NO naked, NO evil and NO exorcism. Zzzzz





THE CHARLIE CHAPLIN FESTIVAL (R-1940s):

I bought this?  Really?  Okay...  Uh...





GODZILLA (2014):

I saw the movie and it was better than the Matthew Broderick GODZILLA, but not great. And the poster...such a disappointment. The bus shelter-sized one was nice, but I don't collect them that big. I settled for the one-sheet (international advance version) and only got it because it was cheap. Otherwise, why bother?





ERNEST SAVES CHRISTMAS:


I know what you are thinking...Monster A GoGo has sunk to a new low by including an ERNEST poster. Oh my STARS!!! The reason this is here is because, many years ago i stopped off at my Grandmother's one afternoon. My grandma was watching a movie. She was smiling through it and I sat and watched a little of it with her. She said "I just love this movie." Okay..., "I watch it every year when it comes on TV." Hmmm. "I remember taking your mom and Uncle Bert to see it when they were little."  Huh? I asked her what movie she was talking about. "This one," she said. "It's a Wonderful Life."  "Grandma," I told her, "That's not 'It's a Wonderful life.' That's 'Ernest Saves Christmas.' "

To this day I'll never understand how she could have confused them. But THAT is why I have this poster.




And now, you are free...  Did everyone survive the onslaught of savage and naked boredom with this lot of posters? I hope so... The NEXT batch will be much groovier, I promise.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this