Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 63

December 02, 2015, 12:13:37 AM

I'm B-A-C-K from my Thanksgiving trip and short hiatus from the boards. I'll be on and off throughout the month before I go on my big hiatus...where I plan to only visit about once a month throughout 2016. Last April when I hit 50, it was my intention to slow down and only buy posters on my bucket list. That kind of fell by the wayside when I discovered the joys (and seductive temptations) of foreign posters!  Italian, French, Mexican, Spanish, German, THAI (! ! ! ! !), Japanese, Belgian, Polish, etc. Instead of buying bucket list titles, i was buying everything and anything on the planet...including a bunch of US crap-ola I didn't need.

So, once 2016 hits, I'll be trying to switch gears again. But more on that plan later...

In the meantime, I have a bunch of new stuff i'll share throughout the coming weeks (before 2016 pops up, anyway). This first batch for the last month of 2015 is snore/bore-inducing.

Here is the absolute dullest shock-a-rama poster show yet. I hope you are sitting down (so you don't have far to fall when you pass out from sheer boredom...). Here we go-go...


THE HILLS HAVE EYES II:

Zowie!  I had seen this ill-advised sequel on video years ago. i never realized it had played theaters. I thought it was strictly a straight-to-video release. WRONG! And here's the lackluster poster to prove it. Oh well, at least Berryman had a job for a few weeks.





EVIL CLUTCH:

I remember reading about this in the pages of FANGORIA magazine eons ago (It's still in publication, right? I haven't picked up an issue in ages, but back in the day, i remember buying the very first issue in the late 70s with GODZILLA on the cover. THAT's how old i am, boys and girls.. EEK!). It sounded good. I had to see it. There was an old theater that kind of converted itself to an art house/revival theater that actually started showing Troma films. I really wanted to go...and when i finally got to one, I was so disappointed because it was just awful. The theater stopped showing Troma films before EVIL CLUTCH came out...but I caught it on video. Crap. Oh well...the poster is quasi-interesting. Why did I bother? Who knows?





ASSAULT OF THE KILLER BIMBOS:


I remember seeing this poster as a coming attraction in the snack bar of an old, long-gone drive in in town back in the day. The poster is boring--and looks very wannabe Valley Girl-esque. But that title, ASSAULT OF THE KILLER BIMBOS...WOW! I had to see it. I waited and waited and waited. it NEVER played town. That should have been a sign. I caught it on video eventually...utterly forgettable. I really don't remember much about it other than they seemed to maybe be on the road the whole movie? Maybe it was a comedic chase film? Flashes of desert-like area... Or maybe I am remembering a completely different film? BIMBOS AWAY... (it was cheap.)





DOLLS:

I never saw this, but looks like typical Charles Band crap-a-rama. And it had a theatrical release. Hmm. This would go with the DOLLY DEAREST poster I got a while back.





HANDS OF DEATH and BLOOD FINGERS combo:

I have NO idea what i was thinking when i bought this turd of a poster. I don't even like martial arts films. An utter waste of cash...





LILO & STITCH lenticular:

I do love my lenticular posters. Ooooo. I'm always on the lookout for bargains too. I've seen the "LILO & STITCH" lenticular offered many times, but usually it is in a foreign language--German, French, Dutch, Japanese... Where the heck was English? i waited and came across one fairly reasonably priced. SOLD!





NAKED EVIL:

Another "what was I thinking?" purchase...  This film is also known as "EXORCISM AT MIDNIGHT". I've seen both versions (on the same DVD). SNORE! It's a black & white, talky British film with absolutely NO horror whatsoever. And NO naked, NO evil and NO exorcism. Zzzzz





THE CHARLIE CHAPLIN FESTIVAL (R-1940s):

I bought this?  Really?  Okay...  Uh...





GODZILLA (2014):

I saw the movie and it was better than the Matthew Broderick GODZILLA, but not great. And the poster...such a disappointment. The bus shelter-sized one was nice, but I don't collect them that big. I settled for the one-sheet (international advance version) and only got it because it was cheap. Otherwise, why bother?





ERNEST SAVES CHRISTMAS:


I know what you are thinking...Monster A GoGo has sunk to a new low by including an ERNEST poster. Oh my STARS!!! The reason this is here is because, many years ago i stopped off at my Grandmother's one afternoon. My grandma was watching a movie. She was smiling through it and I sat and watched a little of it with her. She said "I just love this movie." Okay..., "I watch it every year when it comes on TV." Hmmm. "I remember taking your mom and Uncle Bert to see it when they were little."  Huh? I asked her what movie she was talking about. "This one," she said. "It's a Wonderful Life."  "Grandma," I told her, "That's not 'It's a Wonderful life.' That's 'Ernest Saves Christmas.' "

To this day I'll never understand how she could have confused them. But THAT is why I have this poster.




And now, you are free...  Did everyone survive the onslaught of savage and naked boredom with this lot of posters? I hope so... The NEXT batch will be much groovier, I promise.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #12

  Hi there. Yes, I’m back again. Really, I was in a weird, crazed buying frenzy recently. I have enough posters for at least one and a half more posts… But I’ll try to pace myself and hold back a bit. These aren’t that exciting. Actually, neither is the next batch. The batch after that has one or two things I’m especially excited about, but we’ll have to see what trickles in to fill the rest of that post up. But I’m getting ahead of myself. We are on this post. Let’s take a gander at it,  shall we? I hope it won’t be too disappointing. Perhaps there’ll be a poster on here or two that you haven’t seen before. THE QUIET EARTH: While I think I’ve heard of this movie before, and I think I may have seen this poster before, I’m not quite sure. If I have seen this poster before, I don’t think I actually owned it. Like my last post, this has a few posters that were part of several lots. No, I am not posting all of the posters in the lots. Not all of them appealed to me. This one, thou...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 Special Edition #1

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show . This is a special edition of the poster show. There are no new additions listed. This is about me trying to go through all of the rolled posters I did not have tucked away yet… And the disastrous mess it caused. Last spring, when I was recovering from my cancer surgery, I decided to go through all of the rolled posters I had in tubes that had not been tucked away into my flat files. Oh my God… What a foolish and disastrous undertaking this proved to be. (And I have the really awfully photographed documentation to prove it!) I soon had posters all over the place. In my living room in my TV room and in my dining room. There were posters everywhere. In addition to deciding, which posters to frame for future inclusion on my walls… As soon as I have some free wall, space… I purchased two of the poster-sized portfolios from Baroque Portfolios .  I threw in several posters. I knew these posters would never adorn my walls, because there’s only...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #25

  Welcome back and a big ho-ho-ho! It's my final poster post for the year. It's not a full listing of 10 posters as I usually do. There are only 8 listings (actually only 7 posters and 1 lot of vintage 3D glasses). Ha! I could have held off...but with the year winding down, I just thought I'd post what I've got and start working on 2021 (should I acquire anything between now and Dec. 31st, that is... Which is doubtful, looking ahead at my schedule). As per usual---for this year at least---there isn't really anything monumental in this batch (although one of the posters has been much sought after for a long while now). My move to Washington state has been delayed until next fall (and that is a long story), so I expect any 2021 posters to be less than spectacular as well (because I'll be wanting to save my pennies for the move---and I don't want to keep re-packing the mess that is my movie posters). Anyway, here's the latest and last batch for the year. Ta...