Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 61

November 20, 2015, 01:44:34 AM

Hello every one. I am B-A-C-K as promised. Just for now. I'm taking off again and won't be back until around December 1st or so.

I am actually anxious to go back to my hiatus, so I'll make this post of 10 posters as short and sweet as possible (unless I get to running off at the mouth fingers again).

INLAND EMPIRE (French):

Zowie!  I had completely forgotten i had gotten this poster...until I opened it. I love DAVID LYNCH, and even though INLAND EMPIRE was not nearly as incredible as MULHOLLAND DR., I liked it. I also have been wanting the poster. i know the film only had a limited US release and the US posters are hard to come by...so i had to settle (so far) for a French one. Ooo la la!





SCOUTS GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE (British Quad Teaser):

Here is my OOPS for the week. A little while back in the New Acquisitions thread, someone poster a quad for the new film SCOUTS GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. It was a cool poster--real "art" as opposed to some photoshopped crap-a-rama. I liked it and wanted it (especially since it was so much nicer than the stupid US version (with the Swiss Army knife). I looked and looked and found 3 available. The quad the other APF member had, the one sheet with the same art, and this advance quad with a different ad altogether. I bid on all three, not expecting to get any...and, uh, um...I ended up getting all three. OOPS.






SCOUTS GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE (British Quad):

This is like the one the other APF member got/shared. Very nice--and as i said, much better than the US version.






SCOUTS GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE (British One Sheet):

Here's the British one sheet version. I did see the movie, by the way. It was amusing.






SCOOBY DOO (British Quad):

While looking for the SCOUTS GUIDE posters, i stumbled on this British quad for the live-action SCOOBY DOO movie. Very different again from the US version. As a SCOOBY DOO fan I had to get it. SOLD!



PIRANHA 2: THE SPAWNING:

I already had the alternate PIRANHA 2 poster (with the alternate subtitle "FLYING KILLERS"), but have always kind of wanted this one as well. I had been seeing one lately here and there with just the title "The Spawning" (No "Piranha 2"). Nope--that would not do. So when I stumbled on this one...SOLD!



FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2 (Turkish):

I got a couple of the FRIDAY THE 13TH sequel posters from Turkey not too long ago. I'd seen this one from time to time and thought I'd go for one if/when I ever saw one cheap enough. Yahoo!  I did and snagged it. I do think it's weird that even though the cast listy and the image are clearly from PART 2, the English version of the title makes it look like it is Part 1. I wonder if Part 1 was released in Turkey...and what it was called. Something I'll have to look into someday...Might want to track down ALL of the sequels from Turkey eventually. Why not?




YOUNG HANNAH QUEEN OF THE VAMPIRES:

This is NOT my poster---just an example from the internet. Mine is a tri-fold (which this one was also at one time...before someone decided to attempt a bad vertical fold on their own). This is a re-titling of something else (CRYPT OF...something. I forget). This poster was a freebie poster included with a poster I bought from a dealer. Cool beans. i've seen this poster around and kind of dug it...just not enough to pay for one. Now i don't have to. Yippie!






SPECTRE:

Ah yes...FINALLY!  A real live "SPECTRE" poster that did NOT cost me $75 or $100 or whatever crazy amount people are (stupidly) buying them for. I love my Bond. Now i am caught up on ALL of the Bond posters I want/need with the exception of one double feature combo poster from way back when. I saw the movie earlier this week. LOVED IT!  It wasn't as good as SKYFALL, but it was still very good.





LA CASA DELGI ZOMBI (Italian):

Tenth and final poster-a-go-go for the evening is some Italian zombie movie I've never heard of (well, i probably HAVE heard of it, but I just have not gotten around to researching it fully to see what it was called when it arrived over here). WOW!  i saw the graphics of the zombie eating the woman and the other zombies rushing in and had to get it. Despite the unfortunate missing piece from the bottom boarder, i grabbed this while it was available. I had never seen this poster/image before. Groovy!



(Oh man... I just noticed there is tape all over it too. Waaagh!)



And that's all of the time we have for today, kiddies!  Thanks for stopping by. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving. I'll see you in December.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this