Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #11




Welcome back...  If you paid attention last time (if you bothered to visit last time, that is), you would know that I recently bought several "lots" of assorted posters. So today, it's more of the good, the bad, and the ugly (and how!) from those lots. Stomach distress may occur (from such a lack of taste or anything interesting to look at), so you may want to have a receptacle handy. The management in know way takes responsibility (kind of like our president) if this presentation drives you to drink heavily or abuse yourself in other ways. This isn't quite the bottom of the barrel, but CLOSE to it.

Okay, without further adieu, here are the posters...





KISS ME, KILL ME:

Oh my stars! This is some of the WORST poster art I have ever seen (so, of course, I had to share it). What were the studio execs thinking? Did someone have a kid that they thought was an artistic genius or something? Yikes! Robert Carradine and Linda Hamilton should have sued over their likenesses...or lack there of. The more I looked at this mess (which was included in a lot purchase, of course), the more I found to be surprised about. Kristine DeBell was in this? And...directed by Nick Castle? THE Nick Castle? "The Shape" from the original HALLOWEEN? Huh? Sure enough, it was him...and this poster is a bogus re-titling of TAG: THE ASSASSINATION GAME. Why isn't that movie available? I remember reading about it years ago. I  wanted to see it, but it never came to town. As far as I know, it has only been made available on DVD via bootleg companies. What's the problem? Is it as bad as this poster? I've actually heard and read good things about it. Why was it "assassinated" from home video? Hmm.





BILL AND COO:

Oh lord...this looks just awful. And this is a "special Academy Award winner"? What did it win? Most unbelievable crap? I like my kiddie matinee posters...but this isn't quite that. Featuring Burton's Love Birds and Jimmy the Crow. (Jim Crow? Oooo please tell me they did NOT go there...) Zowie! Where are the sequels? UGH. (Yes--this is a lot purchase.)






THE RUNAWAY:

I have no idea what this movie is like. Another lot purchase. "Not wanted by two countries! A bordertown boy and a pup from a bad littler!" Jinkies! I hope he doesn't end up in one of Trump's migrant detention centers. This movie looks like it is probably overly melodramatic ("Share the excitement...the laughter...the tears"). It'd probably make me wanna barf...or at least gag heavily. Ha! This flick seems to be pretty much forgotten. Who has ever even heard of this? I found it on IMDB. This quote was in the trivia section: "About 80% of the script was filmed with a crew of five with a stand-in for Cesar Romero." Ha! (Of course, the trivia section says the film was never released and ended up just going to TV...which makes no sense because I have the poster. But whatever...) Oh well--it's a bit of movie obscura from 1961. And it stars Mike, the world's fastest dog! Zowie! Ha!


This part of the poster had me doing a double take? "A search to find someone...somewhere...to love!" Oh my! Does Cesar Romero play a (gasp!) pedophile in this or something? SHOCKING!!! Oh... Double take... DUH! The kid needs someone. He's a runaway. I get it. I guess my 21st century mindset has me a bit jaded...






DEADEYE DEWEY AND THE ARKANSAS KID:

This was a lot purchase...and also, it turns out, a poster for a Charles B. Pierce movie (under a different name). Pierce is best known for THE LEGEND OF BOGGY CREAK (his first film) and THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN. This flick (starring Chuck Pierce Jr.) was his second film and is better known as BOOTLEGGERS (it even mentions it was previously called that below the title here). Original CHARLIE'S ANGELS star Jaclyn Smith is in this. Odd little curio for fans of Pierce's work.





OPERATION CAMEL:

Another lot item. I know nothing about the movie, but found the poster fun. And, darn it all... I recognize the artist's work from other things, but I can NOT remember who it is. ARGH! Starring no one you've ever heard of. Hmm. Most of the names look foreign. Perhaps it's an import? An American International Picture imported a lot. Yep. I just looked it up. It is Danish. The original version was in color. The release here was in glorious (aka cheap-o) black and white. Good ol' A.I.P.--gotta stretch that dollar!






INVASION OF THE FLESH HUNTERS:

I'm pretty sure I have this already. There are two posters for INVASION OF THE FLESH HUNTERS (actually there are three, if you count it's better/alternate title, CANNIBALS IN THE STREETS). This is the least interesting of them. Ha! Genre fave John Saxon stars.






CHINO:

I was never (Gasp!) a big Charles Bronson fan. I've never seen CHINO (this was a lot purchase, of course). His wife, Jill Ireland, co-stars. The poster says it is a "Dino DeLaurentiis film" yet right next to that it says "produced and directed by John Sturges". Okay...





BREATHLESS:

I'm fairly certain I have one of these as well... Richard Gere, hot on the heels of his success in AMERICAN GIGOLO and AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN returned in the remake of the 1960 French film of the same name (In France, it was called A BOUT DE SOUFFLE). The film did have some cool style. The poster...eh.







JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF TIME:

This was a lot poster--and kind of lame looking...but I am so thrilled to get this. I've been wanting one for a while. Yes this film is essentially a remake/ripoff of THE TIME TRAVELERS from three years earlier--but this is still cheesy in its own fun way. And the poster is so bargain basement craptastic--I love it! (Although the poster for THE TIME TRAVELERS is way better...).





ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON:

I believe I have another copy of this ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON poster. This was a lot purchase as well...but this poster is, at least, cool. The skull-headed cop aiming a gun at you is classic. Have I seen this film? No...but it looks like exploitation heaven.





Okay kiddies, that is the show for the day. Total crap-o-rama.. I hope you were able to stomach it all and endure. The sad thing is that I still have a LOT more lot purchases to post...and many of them are just as bad as some of those that appeared today. (There are worse ones, believe it or not, but I will SPARE you having to wade through those...) I'll see you next time (if you dare to return, that is...). Thank you, as always, for visiting.



CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this