Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #10


Welcome back! Despite the marquee, this edition of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is NOT going to be a "thriller." Ha! I boo boo-ed again. I've been kind of down about a lot of things lately. So, what do I go and do? Spend WAY TOO MUCH MONEY on several lots from eMovieposter. EEK! Most of the posters are beyond crap (and will never make it into a post). The ones below are, to my taste, somewhat tolerable.

Take a look or run back to the ticket booth now and beg for your money back. Once we get started, there will be no refunds given.

Ready? Set? SNORE...I mean, here we GO-GO!



BONNIE'S KIDS:

I've not seen this flick, but I have seen the poster pop up now and again. I have never really paid much attention to it, thinking (originally) that is was some sort of sexploitation knockoff  wannabe"sequel" to BONNIE AND CLYDE...but the car and the clothes are too modern (well, for 1972) for that. So...I don't know what to make of this. As I said, I haven't seen it. I got this in one of my recent lot purchases. But it does have genre vets Tiffany Bolling and Alex Rocco, so it could be interesting.





ALMOST HUMAN:

I have another of these somewhere (I think). This was a lot purchase for the Umberto Lenzi flick one sheet. Creepy cool image, at least. Henry Silva and Ray Lovelock are in it. Too bad it's a crime/cop drama and not a horror flick (which it LOOKS like it should be).




I WANT WHAT I WANT:

I know nothing about this sex change (?) or cross dresser (?) flick. This was (surprise! Not.) another lot purchase. I don't know who star Anne Heywood is, but I wondered if she were really a he (or a former he), so I looked her up. Nope. She's a she.. Perhaps they borrow from the HOMICIDAL playbook and have Anne play a boy who becomes a girl, as they (spoiler) did in the William Castle flick? (Jean Arless aka Joan Marshall was the crossdressing psychopath in the Castle flick). It could be fun, but looks like it would be too melodramatic and schmaltzy, like a late-night movie on LIFETIME or something...but certainly no GLEN OR GLENDA? Lot purchase.





ROSEMARY'S KILLER:

Hmm. This is NOT the best looking poster ever. I am delighted with it though. It's the one sheet for a movie better known as THE PROWLER on home video. (Apparently it was also known as THE PITCHFORK OF DEATH at one point. Ha! LOVE that title!) I saw this back in the day on VHS. Farley Granger is in it, but the REAL draw is that the special effects were done by TOM SAVINI. Cult fave Joseph Zito directed it.





HALLOWEEN H20:

I had this already, of course. Now I have several. ARGH! While HALLOWEEN H20 is one of the better sequels in the series, it is one of the lamest posters and, I believe, the first in the series to feature photoshopped heads of the actors instead of real artwork. Because it is one of the better films in the series, I go this poster lot (10 copies of the same thing--HA!) to help in selling some of the crap off in lots of my own on eBay (If I ever get off of my butt and do it. How long have I been saying I was going to do that? Months? YEARS?? Ha!) Whatever...





MOTHER GOOSE' BIRTHDAY PARTY:

I love my kiddie matinee posters...and this one is from K. Gordon Murray, one of the best (er, most notorious?) I have another copy of this somewhere. I remember going to battle bidding on the other copy of this sucker because I had to have it. Now I have this other copy from a lot purchase. Ha! I'm such a dork... In rainbow color. Free prizes to all!





INSEMINOID:

I am reasonably sure I have a copy of this already. Do I? Hmm. I know I have the (better) alternate poster with the woman giving birth in the halls of a spaceship. Zowie! This is an ALIEN ripoff. I saw this a zillion years ago (back in the VHS days, of course). I should track it down and see it again. Stephanie Beacham (DRACULA A.D. 1972, AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS, and DYNASTY) stars with Victoria Tennant and Judy Geeson.





EVILS OF THE NIGHT:

I am pretty sure I have one of these. This is a fun poster. Notice the faux, wannabe Millennium Falcon? Ha! Craptastic flick-and just look at that cast! Neville Brand, Aldo Ray, Julie Newmar, John Carradine, and Tina Louise. Zowie!!!





STORY BOOK TEA PARTY:

This was a lot purchase...but, believe it or not, THIS poster was why I bid and bid and BID. I had to have this. I don't believe I've ever seen this crappy kiddie matinee poster before. Like MOTHER GOOSE' BIRTHDAY PARTY, this mess (I haven't seen it, but I am familiar with these films in general) was presented by kiddie matinee / imported Mexican horror movie guru, K. Gordon Murray. Whoo hoo! I LOVE this!




ALLIGATOR (aka THE GREAT ALLIGATOR) (small French):

Out of all of the posters in this posting, this is the only one that was NOT a lot purchase. Yep, I bought this French poster for ALLIGATOR on its own. This is cheesy bad Italian JAWS ripoff (filmed in Sri Lanka) with a giant fake alligator munching on tourists at a resort run by Mel Ferrer. Barbara (from THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, THE UNSEEN, and Mrs. Ringo Starr) Bach and Richard (THE HAUNTING, BEYOND THE DOOR, ZOMBIE) Johnson also star. Directed by Sergio (TORSO, ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK, THE WHIP AND THE BODY, and SLAVE OF THE CANNIBAL GOD) Martino. And--zowie! There's a naked lady (no peeking!) on the poster. Ha!




That's ten...and that is all for this posting. Next time (which will be very, very soon), there'll be even more (WORSE) lot purchases. I know you can't wait. (NOT! HA!)

Thanks for visiting.



CHEERS!

PS Come and say HELLO on Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/theshockoramapostershow/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this