Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 115

September 23, 2016, 12:14:25 AM

Okay...Returning to the first box...right where I left off (and this is NOT a new poster post....but more like uncovering lost treasure i already have/had). Let's see. Where did i leave off?

VOYAGE OF THE ROCK ALIENS:

Never saw this doofy-looking movie...starring Pia Zadora!?! ha! it's gotta be worth a look. Or not.





BLACK MAGIC:

I have no idea what this is...but couldn't let it escape being in the Shock-A-Rama Poster Show.




JUNGLE BOOK:

Re-release.






THE DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT:

Satan is coming. I wonder if the bride wore white?







THE DEVIL'S RAIN:

Cool face melting finale in this one. i remember it was re-released once John Travolta was popular and the ads screamed he starred in the film. He only had a small supporting role--maybe he was just an extra? I've seen it since then and can NEVER spot Travolta.







SACRIFICE:

Also known as THE MAN FROM DEEP RIVER, an early inspiration for the Italian cannibal sub-genre that followed just a few years later, I have since gotten a color version of this poster.







ARABIAN ADVENTURE:

Fun comic book-style one sheet for a movie i should probably eventually see...







DEMONS 2:

Let's party. This poster looks much better in real life. But where is my DEMONS  original poster? Hmm.







WATCH ME WHEN I KILL:

An Italian giallo repackaged to look like a slasher flick. Never saw it, but great sleazy title/poster. Soooo grindhouse looking.






SPACE MISSION TO THE LOST PLANET:

I THINK this is a re-titled re-release of HORROR OF THE BLOOD MONSTERS. Cool poster art. Too bad they didn't spring for color versions.







VIDEODROME:

Back from the days when David Cronenburg still made imaginative movies....







STARLIGHT SLAUGHTER:

Re-titling release of EATEN ALIVE. (See below)







THE HOUSE BY THE LAKE:

I've never seen this...but it's an obvious wannabe LAST HOUSE knock-off.







HOUSE OF THE DAMNED:

I've never seen this--but it looks like a fun old haunted house flick.







LIFEGUARD:

Seemingly advertised as a T&A sex comedy...which it's not. I really liked this flick from the 70s when I saw it. It wasn't anything major--just took me by surprise.






THE AMITYVILLE HORROR:

Of course. Every horror poster whore has one...







CRAZE:
Interesting looking Jack Palance flick. Never seen it.







EATEN ALIVE:

Tobe Hooper's somewhat disappointing follow up to TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE...with Neville Brand and a young Robert England.






MIDNIGHT EXPRESS:

Great movie. Glad someone dragged me along to see this at the theater back in the day....otherwise I'd probably never have seen it. I read the book and it's different (of course).







THE UNSEEN:

Poor Barbara Bach...she got herself stuck in a lot of crappy euro-horror flicks. But this one is a crappy American horror flick. She can't catch a break. Ha!





That's all for now---but the box still has tons of posters left. These first two batches barely made a dent in it. I work the next 4 days in a row (48 hours---ugh!) so i won't have time for this until after my shifts. But stay tuned for more.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this