Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 115

September 23, 2016, 12:14:25 AM

Okay...Returning to the first box...right where I left off (and this is NOT a new poster post....but more like uncovering lost treasure i already have/had). Let's see. Where did i leave off?

VOYAGE OF THE ROCK ALIENS:

Never saw this doofy-looking movie...starring Pia Zadora!?! ha! it's gotta be worth a look. Or not.





BLACK MAGIC:

I have no idea what this is...but couldn't let it escape being in the Shock-A-Rama Poster Show.




JUNGLE BOOK:

Re-release.






THE DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT:

Satan is coming. I wonder if the bride wore white?







THE DEVIL'S RAIN:

Cool face melting finale in this one. i remember it was re-released once John Travolta was popular and the ads screamed he starred in the film. He only had a small supporting role--maybe he was just an extra? I've seen it since then and can NEVER spot Travolta.







SACRIFICE:

Also known as THE MAN FROM DEEP RIVER, an early inspiration for the Italian cannibal sub-genre that followed just a few years later, I have since gotten a color version of this poster.







ARABIAN ADVENTURE:

Fun comic book-style one sheet for a movie i should probably eventually see...







DEMONS 2:

Let's party. This poster looks much better in real life. But where is my DEMONS  original poster? Hmm.







WATCH ME WHEN I KILL:

An Italian giallo repackaged to look like a slasher flick. Never saw it, but great sleazy title/poster. Soooo grindhouse looking.






SPACE MISSION TO THE LOST PLANET:

I THINK this is a re-titled re-release of HORROR OF THE BLOOD MONSTERS. Cool poster art. Too bad they didn't spring for color versions.







VIDEODROME:

Back from the days when David Cronenburg still made imaginative movies....







STARLIGHT SLAUGHTER:

Re-titling release of EATEN ALIVE. (See below)







THE HOUSE BY THE LAKE:

I've never seen this...but it's an obvious wannabe LAST HOUSE knock-off.







HOUSE OF THE DAMNED:

I've never seen this--but it looks like a fun old haunted house flick.







LIFEGUARD:

Seemingly advertised as a T&A sex comedy...which it's not. I really liked this flick from the 70s when I saw it. It wasn't anything major--just took me by surprise.






THE AMITYVILLE HORROR:

Of course. Every horror poster whore has one...







CRAZE:
Interesting looking Jack Palance flick. Never seen it.







EATEN ALIVE:

Tobe Hooper's somewhat disappointing follow up to TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE...with Neville Brand and a young Robert England.






MIDNIGHT EXPRESS:

Great movie. Glad someone dragged me along to see this at the theater back in the day....otherwise I'd probably never have seen it. I read the book and it's different (of course).







THE UNSEEN:

Poor Barbara Bach...she got herself stuck in a lot of crappy euro-horror flicks. But this one is a crappy American horror flick. She can't catch a break. Ha!





That's all for now---but the box still has tons of posters left. These first two batches barely made a dent in it. I work the next 4 days in a row (48 hours---ugh!) so i won't have time for this until after my shifts. But stay tuned for more.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #17

  Welcome back…  This post is one of the weakest entries of late. That is saying a lot, as the previous entry was pretty bad. However, the next entry will be even more pathetic than this one. I’m winding down from my recent purchases… Finally. I can’t afford anything. But let’s take a look at when I have this time, shall we? This will be quick. SURGIKILL (special) : I’m not sure what this is. It’s only 9 1/2 x 8 1/2“ long. It is some promotional piece for Andy Milligan’s “ SURGIKILL”.  “SURGI-What!?! You’ve never heard of it, probably.  I do not know why, but I am an anti-Milligan aficionado. SURGIKILL Was one of his last movies. It went straight to  video. I caught it on DVD. It’s OK… Certainly nothing to write home about. But I couldn’t not get this piece. It is allegedly from Andy Milligan‘s estate…And was cheap. POLTERGEIST I I: Normally, I wouldn’t bother with sequel posters. But this was part of a lot. So why not? The movie itself… Not so good. THE SATAN B...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #16

Welcome back. As I write this, the very tail end of my recent poster-buying mania is coming to a close. Well, I still have to worry about auctions on Thursday of this week, it looks like I only have to worry about one poster. Whether or not I get it remains to be seen. However, at the moment, there are two posters in this post. I have one from recent auctions. One of them, the one that I am most displeased with winning, is fairly obvious. The other one, not so much. The one I may or may not win on Thursday? I think that will be obvious as well by what I intend to write about it should I win it, but we shall see. Can you figure out which posters I want in these last auctions before coming to my senses? Of the 10 title shown here two (or three) of them are from those final crazed auctions. TEENAGE COWGIRLS: What the hell was I thinking? On the tail end of my weird cancer buying spree (inspired by my seemingly surviving it—-although I’m not out of the woods yet—while two longtime friends ...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #14

  And welcome back… With this post, I am hopefully wrapping up all the posters I purchased in my recent mania. ( Actually, as I write this, there are still a few auctions out there. I have bids on that haven’t closed. While I doubt I’ll get anything, there’s always the worry that I will and that those purchases will spill over into another post. Eek!) As per my (sometimes) usual, I’ve got a lot of trash and a few treasures. I also have a very bad headache. So let’s get on with it already… VAN HELSING : This must’ve been a lot purchase. Although it’s based on a character. DRACULA , I had absolutely zero interest in seeing this movie. Zero. TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD (French) : I have long been a fan of the BLIND DEAD films . To my knowledge, only three of the four were released in the US and have one sheets. The first one, TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD , was released as just THE BLIND DEAD with a misleading poster image making it seem like a knockoff of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD .   RETUR...