Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 108

August 09, 2016, 12:42:52 PM 


Hot on the heels of my less-than-stellar, crap-O-rama bulk lot poster post, I thought I'd redeem myself just a little with MORE bulk lot posters that are just a tad interesting (but still nothing I'd proudly save for my scheduled posts).


AIRPLANE 2: THE SEQUEL:

I generally do not collect posters for sequels--with the exception of some horror titles and others. I have the original AIRPLANE poster and the original film was a comedy classic. The sequel though...well, it was BAD (and the reason there was never a Part 3). It didn't even have the Zucker Brothers (the original's creator, writers and directors) involvement. The poster is not a winner either, but it came with a lot---so there you are.






ALIEN 3:

Boring poster over all. Interesting only in that it is part of the ALIEN series. ALIEN 3 was not all that memorable... was this the one in the prison?





LORDS OF THE DEEP:

This poster could have been so much better. It's apparently for some schlock movie I never heard of. The poster should have been...schlockier!





METALSTORM: THE DESTRUCTION OF JARED-SYN:

80s 3D (I'm a sucker for gimmicks/3D). This was a crap movie (confusing and open-ended), but as part of a bulk lot, it's now mine (I already have a copy---of course).





DEADTIME STORIES:

The poster is a little lame...but it pretty much sums up the movie, which is a poster's job. I saw this flick (and vaguely remember it). It was a CREEPSHOW knock-off, an anthology of little horror stories. It seems like one of them was an updated version of either LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD or GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS (I'm guessing it was LITTLE RED though...). Not horrible...just not that memorable...and where is it now? Forgotten...





DEVIL'S ADVOCATE:

Did I see this? I don't even remember. But it's got big stars and is Hollywood mainstream. No big deal. (But really? Al Pacino took second billing to Keanu Reeves?)





ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND:

I already have one of these, but I am delighted to have gotten this so i can post it again. This is one of those movies that is probably crap to the rest of the world---but has a sentimental place in my heart. Just before this came out, there was a big promotion for the film at the local mall. There was this big Wonderland display. You entered at one end and walked down through it. They had several characters in costume (White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, probably Alice as well, etc.) greet you as you walked through. At the end, you were given a balloon with the title of the movie printed on it. It was so neat--and I've never seen anything like it since. So yes, i BUGGED my mom to take me--which she did. I'm sure she hated it....and, although I've seen it a few times since, I don't really remember it that well. It was a musical (ugh) but did have a semi-impressive cast. Whatever---the poster alone reminds me of that unique promotional display every time I see one...and THAT is the real nostalgic magic of this poster for me.





BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED:

This movie should/could have been much better than it was. Oh well...





THE CURSE:

Here's an obscurity... The original theatrical poster for the movie that launched a long line of direct-to-video sequels (in name only).





PRIVATE SCHOOL:

I never saw this, but it's kind of a fun poster. I do recall the ads though and this has a SOME LIKE IT HOT subplot going on with boys dressed as girls for some reason. There's al;so a very real Phoebe Cates in it too.



As I said, nothing to write home about...but more interesting (slightly) than the batch I posted last night.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this