Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2019 #16




What's this? ANOTHER episode of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show? But I thought it was over with, you say. Well, it is...more or less. (For now...??) However, I had a few situations pop up (I'll mention them below) that caused me to need to shop and, well... that led to a few purchases. To make up a whole post, that required a few more half-hearted purchases and... the results (such as they are) are below.






LASERBLAST (Italian locandia):

I did not need this. At all. It was cheap. ($6?) and featured different images than the US one sheet, but I did NOT need this.





SAM WHISKEY:

I did NOT need this either. I had never heard of a SAM WHISKEY movie (with Burt Reynolds, Clint Walker and Angie Dickinson? I'm guessing it must be crap, then...). Curiosity made me bid.Oops.










I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE:

Okay...this one I did kind of want. No, it is not the I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE from the 70's about the woman who has just broken, cut, chopped and burned 5 men (actually 4 men) beyond recognition... However, as a film with the same name, it is only understandable to be curious about it. No, I have not seen it...but I think it would be good, early 60s sleazy fun.







SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER / GREASE (re-release combo):

I sooooo did NOT need this. (I actually may/probably already have a copy...) What was I thinking (aside from the fact it was cheap)?






CAPTAIN SINDBAD (Italian 2 F):

This is why I felt the need to go poster shopping. A while back I got another copy of this poster in amazing condition. In shipping, something happened to the container it was in. Something jammed into it....and so the poster (which was folded down into 8 rectangles) was torn...in 8 places, ruining the poster. I had to have another and I got this one---although it is not nearly as nice as the previous one had been. Waaaagh!






THE LOVE-THRILL MURDERS (re-release of SWEET SAVIOR):

I have no idea why I felt the need to own this re-release poster. Aside from being inexpensive, the mask thing on the right kind of reminded me of the mask thing on the one sheet for THE FUN HOUSE (the first release of LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET). 






CANNIBAL FEROX (Italian 2F):

I already have one or two of these...but when shopping for the SINBAD poster, I came across this---so why not?






SINGLE ROOM FURNISHED:

As bad as an actor as she could be, there was something about Jayne Mansfield I have always dug. I've been trying to track down her posters. Although i MIGHT have one of these already, I was not sure. This final film of hers is a low budget affair, but she is really good in it. She died before it was completed. She was playing various characters in the flick and her death is obvious as there is this whole LONG segment without her. 






THE ELECTRONIC MONSTER:

This poster is not that amazing. As I recall (I saw this flick years and YEARS ago), this flick is not that fab either. However, there is something about the poster that has made it on my "want" list for a long while. It's in great shape.






CHILD'S PLAY:

This was something else I actively pursued. I don't know exactly how or why I saw this come available...but when i did see that it was up for sale, I decided I needed it. I have all of the posters for the theatrical sequels...but (Gasp!) did NOT have the original's poster. (I did NOT bother with the recent remake's poster...). Not the best poster---but whatever. It is the first.




And that is it. Nothing special. Nothing exciting. I actually have a couple of other posters...but I really don't want to buy any more for a while. I have been framing more...maybe i'll do another post with new posters and newly framed posters. We will wait and see...

Thanks for visiting.



CHEERS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this