Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2018 #16


Welcome and come forward. Don't be shy. It's time for the next edition of the SHOCK-O-RAMA POSTER SHOW. 



SEXUAL EXPLOITS OF NAUGHTY PENNY / SEX WORLD (British Quad combo): 

Why did I buy this? Sure, I had it in my eBay watch list because it was a double-feature poster I didn't have---but I wanted it primarily for SEX WORLD, the fake adult sequel to WESTWORLD and FUTURE WORLD. The other day at work, I tuned in to my emails on my phone and got an announcement that this was closing soon. I clicked on it, saw the current price, bid above it and forgot all about it---until I got home and found out I had won it. I had not really been paying attention when I bid on it--and found out I bid way too much, especially considering (DUH!) I already have the one sheet for SEX WORLD.  UGH!. Oh well...







SOLO - A STAR WARS STORY (International? Indian?):

I am no STAR WARS fan, but usually pick up STAR WARS stuff if it is cheap enough for possible resale down the road. I hadn't seen this SOLO poster before. It is double-sided, measures 28x40. and from India (but the text is all in English). This may just be a general international poster that ended up in india? I don't know. I know the film was is considered a flop, despite it making more that $200 million here and nearly $400 million worldwide....but I'm hoping this will increase in value. 







SANTO VS THE MARTIAN INVASION (Re-Release?):

I'm not quite sure what this is. The original listing said this was a "re-release". Did they re-release Mexican Santo movies...in Peru? That's where this is coming from, Peru. I asked the seller some questions before purchasing it. I wanted to make sure something wasn't being lost in translation. He said: "I am in Peru, posters were sent from Mexico to Peru for theatrical exhibition after its Premier. It is not from the original release, it is a re-released poster printed in Mexico for theaters in Peru and the paper is old, I do not think that it is a reproduction. But the original release poster has a better resolution. There is no date or seal on the back of the poster. I think that this poster is a re-release because the film was exhibited on 1974 in Peru." Original release or re-release, I was thrilled with it...and then I realized why it seemed so familiar to me. Ha! It's is a total ripoff of the poster for ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS. Too funny. 







RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (10th Anniversary re-release):

This is yet another story of bidding on things---forgetting about it--and discovering you actually won it later. Last week on Heritage, this was up with a couple of other things. I bid before going to work, knowing I'd be out bid....and forgot all about them. Until a week later when I had bid on an item or two on HA again during work. After work I checked to see if I won anything that day---NOPE! But I did discover this week old invoice for this. Oops!  I didn't really need this--but I also didn't have one either. 








HOUSE WITH A CLOCK IN ITS WALLS:

I know nothing about this. I think it is based on a popular kid's book, right? Looks kind of dorky, I think...but so did GOONIES back in the day...and look at the price for that poster now. I probably wasted my money--but thought why not?






BE KIND REWIND:

This movie was dated when it came out. VHS tapes were pretty much over when this hit theaters. So why buy it? In my home town, they have an annual "Swede Fest". The idea of "Sweding" a movie comes from this film. In the film, they needed a "Ghostbusters" tape---and didn't have one, so they remade it and rented it as the original. Then they remade other hits---all on a shoestring budget. That was "sweding".I thought I'd get the poster in honor of our festival. (More about the festival HERE).







INDEPENDENCE DAY (Style B Advance):

A long while back I decided to buy the INDEPENDENCE DAY posters...got one and that was it. Here is a second one (or do I have this one already?). $3. CHEAP!








SANTA CLAUS:

I already have a copy of this K. Gordon Murray kiddie matinee poster for the Mexican import movie. It was part of some obscure auction I came across online.(Yes---the photo below is really how they presented it in the auction.)  I bid a few bucks ($8), for got about it and last night I found out I had "won" it. Whoopie...





TERROR IS A MAN:

I've gotten copies of this poster in the past. I don't know why I bothered again (poster addict).  This is an obscure horror movie from 1959 that riffs heavily (and blatantly) from "THE ISLAND OF DR MOREAU".  The attraction, as far as the poster goes, is the gimmick that is mentioned---the bell system for the squeamish and faint-hearted. The gimmick is only used once in the film---during a brief scene showing a real open-heart surgery (stock footage lifted from somewhere else).







SON OF SINBAD (3 sheet):

UGH--this was a MISTAKE to buy. What was I thinking? I am NO FAN of three sheets. (UGH! I hate the size---far too big, yet I have several.) Also, this was list as being in 9.4 condition. I didn't look too closely---but now that it is mine and too late, closer inspection reveals that there is no way this is a 9.4. Oh well. I do like Sinbad---and have posters from many of his incarnations (including those foreign offerings that were not Sinbad movies---but became so due to dubbing and retitling, such as Russian THE MAGIC VOYAGE OF SINBAD and Japanese THE LOST WORLD OF SINBAD). This 1955 Howard Hughes produced actioner features Dale Robertson in the title role along with Vincent Price and Lili St Cyr! It was presented in SUPERSCOPE (whatever that was---some wide screen process, no doubt). 




And that's about it for this time. Thanks for visiting. See you next time. Now---time to grab some dinner...




CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this