Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2018 #15



Step right up, boys and girls. It's time for the next edition of the SHOCK-A-RAMA POSTER SHOW!  What will we have on display today? Some good stuff, some lame stuff...and some stuff I don't usually buy. Oh my! Dare you venture inside?



MY BLOODY VALENTINE (3D Remake Final version):

I probably have this already, but was not sure. I know I have the one that plays up the 3D aspect of the film in the poster, with the audience shown being in peril by stuff from the screen coming out. But this one? I just don't know if I have it or not. So.... here it is. I DID see it in 3D at the cinemas. Some of the 3D was okay---but overall, the film just seemed to be an excuse for gore, gore and more gore. Eh... Missed opportunity, I think.








JOHN DIES AT THE END:

I know i saw this flick on Netflix while visiting friends in Oregon a year or so ago--maybe longer? I remember liking it (or did I?), but I do NOT remember the film at all. The poster is...interesting and it is a movie by Don Coscarelli, the director/writer/creator of PHANTASM...so why not?







MEG (Final?):

I got a different MEG poster not long ago.I know that the box office predictions for this are that it will be a BOMB and fail miserably, but I for one am really looking forward to this flick. It looks fun and adventurous. And, hello? It TOOK long enough to get made. I've been hearing about this movie for YEARS. I'll be seeing it in 3D the week it comes out. CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP!!!





HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEMINI:

I've never seen the movie, but I've tried for a while to get this poster with art by (Name escapes me), who did a lot of work for MAD Magazine. (I think this is the right artist.) I'm surprised I have not seen this---since Madeline Kahn is in it. She was so awesome.






THE THRILL OF IT ALL:

I've never heard of this old Doris Day / James Garner romantic comedy. It wasn't too expensive, so I thought, why not? Like other things I've purchased lately, my mind is on future resale---not so much my keeping it. (But then i have to get off of my butt and actually SELL the thing. UGH!)










FULL HOUSE (3-sheet) :

No, this is not in the best of conditions and yes, I HATE 3 sheets. So what am I doing with this BORING poster? Hello? It features an early MARILYN MONROE. I got this to hopefully resale down the road. I only paid $36 for it. Too much? I've never seen the flick. Any good? 






KISMET:

This is actually in a bit worse shape than FULL HOUSE. I don't usually buy posters in such poor condition, but this one I have heard of---and it stars MARLENE DIETRICH!?! Zowie! Again, this is for possible resale down the road. I shelled out $56 for it. Too much? A bargain? Hmm. It will sit in a box until I decide to do something with it, I suppose...








ALPHA (Advance):

I haven't seen this yet as it has not been released yet. However, the preview was intriguing---the fictional story of man and his "best friend" (a dog) meeting for the first time. This takes place in caveman-ish times, but it looks good and I LOVE dogs, so of course I want to see it. The poster wasn't expensive, so why not?








THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (Hammer remake):

Years ago, I bought the military-style version of this poster. Despite the lack of color on that military poster, I was entranced by the stunning artwork of the Phantom, stradling a blazing chandelier that is falling onto the audience. I had never seen Hammer's version of the classic tale at the time and could only imagine how the rest of the film played out. (I've since seen the hammer version and ...eh.) When I came across this color version of the same poster--despite the tiny bit of paper loss in the upper right corner and wrinkle/extra fold at the right center fold, I wanted to make this mine. That old military poster will eventually be sold off (if I ever get around to digging it up and sending it off). 







INFERNO (Spanish):

Not the best of Dario Argento's films (it never even received an official release in US theaters!), but still interesting and part of the Three Mothers Trilogy started with SUSPIRIA.  It wasn't expensive, so why not?






Okay, kiddies. That's all for now. Please put your speaker back on the stand before you exit and drive safely. Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again soon.




CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #12

  Hi there. Yes, I’m back again. Really, I was in a weird, crazed buying frenzy recently. I have enough posters for at least one and a half more posts… But I’ll try to pace myself and hold back a bit. These aren’t that exciting. Actually, neither is the next batch. The batch after that has one or two things I’m especially excited about, but we’ll have to see what trickles in to fill the rest of that post up. But I’m getting ahead of myself. We are on this post. Let’s take a gander at it,  shall we? I hope it won’t be too disappointing. Perhaps there’ll be a poster on here or two that you haven’t seen before. THE QUIET EARTH: While I think I’ve heard of this movie before, and I think I may have seen this poster before, I’m not quite sure. If I have seen this poster before, I don’t think I actually owned it. Like my last post, this has a few posters that were part of several lots. No, I am not posting all of the posters in the lots. Not all of them appealed to me. This one, thou...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 Special Edition #1

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show . This is a special edition of the poster show. There are no new additions listed. This is about me trying to go through all of the rolled posters I did not have tucked away yet… And the disastrous mess it caused. Last spring, when I was recovering from my cancer surgery, I decided to go through all of the rolled posters I had in tubes that had not been tucked away into my flat files. Oh my God… What a foolish and disastrous undertaking this proved to be. (And I have the really awfully photographed documentation to prove it!) I soon had posters all over the place. In my living room in my TV room and in my dining room. There were posters everywhere. In addition to deciding, which posters to frame for future inclusion on my walls… As soon as I have some free wall, space… I purchased two of the poster-sized portfolios from Baroque Portfolios .  I threw in several posters. I knew these posters would never adorn my walls, because there’s only...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #25

  Welcome back and a big ho-ho-ho! It's my final poster post for the year. It's not a full listing of 10 posters as I usually do. There are only 8 listings (actually only 7 posters and 1 lot of vintage 3D glasses). Ha! I could have held off...but with the year winding down, I just thought I'd post what I've got and start working on 2021 (should I acquire anything between now and Dec. 31st, that is... Which is doubtful, looking ahead at my schedule). As per usual---for this year at least---there isn't really anything monumental in this batch (although one of the posters has been much sought after for a long while now). My move to Washington state has been delayed until next fall (and that is a long story), so I expect any 2021 posters to be less than spectacular as well (because I'll be wanting to save my pennies for the move---and I don't want to keep re-packing the mess that is my movie posters). Anyway, here's the latest and last batch for the year. Ta...