Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2018 #15



Step right up, boys and girls. It's time for the next edition of the SHOCK-A-RAMA POSTER SHOW!  What will we have on display today? Some good stuff, some lame stuff...and some stuff I don't usually buy. Oh my! Dare you venture inside?



MY BLOODY VALENTINE (3D Remake Final version):

I probably have this already, but was not sure. I know I have the one that plays up the 3D aspect of the film in the poster, with the audience shown being in peril by stuff from the screen coming out. But this one? I just don't know if I have it or not. So.... here it is. I DID see it in 3D at the cinemas. Some of the 3D was okay---but overall, the film just seemed to be an excuse for gore, gore and more gore. Eh... Missed opportunity, I think.








JOHN DIES AT THE END:

I know i saw this flick on Netflix while visiting friends in Oregon a year or so ago--maybe longer? I remember liking it (or did I?), but I do NOT remember the film at all. The poster is...interesting and it is a movie by Don Coscarelli, the director/writer/creator of PHANTASM...so why not?







MEG (Final?):

I got a different MEG poster not long ago.I know that the box office predictions for this are that it will be a BOMB and fail miserably, but I for one am really looking forward to this flick. It looks fun and adventurous. And, hello? It TOOK long enough to get made. I've been hearing about this movie for YEARS. I'll be seeing it in 3D the week it comes out. CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP!!!





HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEMINI:

I've never seen the movie, but I've tried for a while to get this poster with art by (Name escapes me), who did a lot of work for MAD Magazine. (I think this is the right artist.) I'm surprised I have not seen this---since Madeline Kahn is in it. She was so awesome.






THE THRILL OF IT ALL:

I've never heard of this old Doris Day / James Garner romantic comedy. It wasn't too expensive, so I thought, why not? Like other things I've purchased lately, my mind is on future resale---not so much my keeping it. (But then i have to get off of my butt and actually SELL the thing. UGH!)










FULL HOUSE (3-sheet) :

No, this is not in the best of conditions and yes, I HATE 3 sheets. So what am I doing with this BORING poster? Hello? It features an early MARILYN MONROE. I got this to hopefully resale down the road. I only paid $36 for it. Too much? I've never seen the flick. Any good? 






KISMET:

This is actually in a bit worse shape than FULL HOUSE. I don't usually buy posters in such poor condition, but this one I have heard of---and it stars MARLENE DIETRICH!?! Zowie! Again, this is for possible resale down the road. I shelled out $56 for it. Too much? A bargain? Hmm. It will sit in a box until I decide to do something with it, I suppose...








ALPHA (Advance):

I haven't seen this yet as it has not been released yet. However, the preview was intriguing---the fictional story of man and his "best friend" (a dog) meeting for the first time. This takes place in caveman-ish times, but it looks good and I LOVE dogs, so of course I want to see it. The poster wasn't expensive, so why not?








THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (Hammer remake):

Years ago, I bought the military-style version of this poster. Despite the lack of color on that military poster, I was entranced by the stunning artwork of the Phantom, stradling a blazing chandelier that is falling onto the audience. I had never seen Hammer's version of the classic tale at the time and could only imagine how the rest of the film played out. (I've since seen the hammer version and ...eh.) When I came across this color version of the same poster--despite the tiny bit of paper loss in the upper right corner and wrinkle/extra fold at the right center fold, I wanted to make this mine. That old military poster will eventually be sold off (if I ever get around to digging it up and sending it off). 







INFERNO (Spanish):

Not the best of Dario Argento's films (it never even received an official release in US theaters!), but still interesting and part of the Three Mothers Trilogy started with SUSPIRIA.  It wasn't expensive, so why not?






Okay, kiddies. That's all for now. Please put your speaker back on the stand before you exit and drive safely. Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you again soon.




CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this