Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 56

November 08, 2015, 10:14:37 PM

Hi!  I'm B-A-C-K again and OH NOOOOOOooooo!  I did it to myself again. Today was the big finale to the Halloween auction on emovie AND another Heritage auction. I bid big before leaving for work and when I get back....oh no. What did I do to myself? Ouch. Needless to say I was NOT outbid on much. There are still two things waiting for the final gavel to strike on Heritage and I HOPE I get outbid. Argh! (They should be done by the time I finish this posting...so I'll let you know. Fingers crossed I lose them--I "won" far too much already. Crap-o-rama ding-dong!)

Okay, last time I poster posted, I said I had some things obtained from our fellow poster posting peeps out there in APF land. Zowie!


SLEEPWALKERS:

The first item I'd like to call your attention to comes from Jeff/erik1925! He PMed me and wanted to know if I'd like to buy a subway poster. He recently got a SLEEPWALKERS subway and got a 2nd one as well. He offered me a good price for it and--SOLD! This is my first subway! I do NOT have the room to take a photo of it, so I'm using a picture of one found online--it's a pretty awful picture though. See Jeff's post about his in the October new additions link--to give you an idea of what I have. AWESOMENESS!  It's HUGE. THANK YOU JEFF!



Next, I have proof that Ari, the wonder down under, has truly lost his mind and is completely insane...or is the most amazingly nice guy you could ever hope to meet. Ari approached me a while back. He told me about his website where he sells various types of posters among other things. He had previously sent me a super surprise package as a sort of universal offering to nurses everywhere--which was so cool--and the stuff I ordered from his was super cool too. (Both the gift and the ordered posters have already been posted. Scroll back a bit to see them). Ari kept threatening to include some extra goodies with my order. After the incredibly generous surprise package, there was no way I was going to accept anything extra...and I flat out told him NO EXTRA GOODIES. The packages (one flat, one rolled) arrived and they were filled with bonus surprises! Oh my stars! Ari--you crazy wonderful guy--you are going to give all of your stock away! I only ordered a handful of items--just 3 or 4--and he sent 8 (EIGHT!!!) bonus goodies along! Oh my STARS!!!!! Here they are:

NAKED TO HELL:

I know NOTHING about this title (or a lot of the titles that Ari sent), so I'll have to do some research very soon. The poster almost looks like something from Harry Novak's Box Office International, maybe? I can't find the title on IMDB.



HELL'S CREATURES:

Clearly a Paul Naschy wolfman flick. I'm guessing this one is what was released here as FRANKENSTEIN'S BLOODY TERROR perhaps? What "size" is that, Ari? Very cool horror image Naschy--and in gruesome green!  Spooky groovy!





COSI DOLCE... COSI PERVERSA (aka SO SWEET... SO PERVERSE):

This is an Umberto Lenzi giallo from long before he made CANNIBAL FEROX. I've never seen it, but those Italian giallos are often weirdly good. It's been on my list to see and now I have the locandia (sp?) to egg me on! Ha!



A TRANSYLVANIAN WEREWOLF IN AMERICA (aka FULL MOON HIGH):

Oh my stars! Ari, I just remembered. I was originally going to buy this poster--as I was curious about it (very clever rip-off title from AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON). When you told me it was actually FULL MOON HIGH, i changed my mind and got something else. Thank you--but I KNOW this was on your site as being for sale. Oh Ari! You ARE losing money by being so super duper nice. Never saw this--but this poster kind of makes me want to. Hmm. (I still like this rip-off title better than FULL MOON HIGH). Anyway, this film stars Adam Arkin--and if that's him on the center of the poster, he does look a little like a chubby version of David "An American Werewolf in London" Naughton, I guess. Look at the rest of the cast--Ha! Ed (Johnny Carson's TONIGHT SHOW sidekick) McMahon? Kenneth (WHAT'S UP DOC?/YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN) Mars? Demond (Lamont from SANFORD AND SON) Wilson? JM (Monroe from TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT) Bullock? ROZ (Pinky Tuscadero) KELLY? Ha!





NIKOS THE IMPALER:

How did I miss this flick? It stars Felissa ("Sleepaway Camp") Rose, Lloyd (Troma) Kaufman, and Debbie Rochon. Aside from that, I know nothing about it. Hmm.



DIE NONNE VON MONZA:

Another flick I'll need to investigate. Apparently THE LADY OF MONZA is an early nunsploitation flick. Hmm. Could be cool... I'll have to check it out.



DEAD AND BURIED (Thai):

Oh my stars! I have almost purchased this poster several times since discovering Thai. Zowie--the Thai DEAD & BURIED. I'm not so sure about now, but back in the 80s and 90s Fresno was sometimes used as a test market for movies. DEAD & BURIED was tested here with an alternate (and ultimately unused) title, "LOOK ALIVE". I have the film on DVD, but have never seen it yet. I may also have the poster (I wonder if one exists with the alternate, tested title?)--but the Thai poster is just that much more WOW-y with the extras that have been added to it. Jeepers! How cool.



ERASERHEAD promo mask:

I have wanted one of these for the longest time. Never got around to getting one--until now. Yowza! I'll probably never track down an ERASERHEAD poster, but these cool promo masks (given out to promote ERASERHEAD playing midnight shows) is the next best thing. Kowabunga! It sings to me--like the lady in the radiator! :-)



[ Auction update!  OOoooo!  Yes!  I've been outbid on one of the two items. One left to go. Fingers crossed I do NOT get it. ]

HERCULES, SAMSON AND ULYSSES:

My final poster tonight is for another old Hercules flick from the 60s, "HERCULES, SAMSON AND ULYSSES". I have another copy of this--but it's rather rough. I haven't seen this flick (or have I?). That's okay--just a habit picking up old Herc posters when i see them.


Okay--that's 10 new listings and... I was outbid on that 2nd item too! Yahoo! (Of course--there's all of the things I DID win on eMovie and Heritage tonight I'll have to pay for. UGH! I'll post those and others once the dust clears. GEEZ! How do I constantly do this to myself?)

Thank you Jeff and and especially Ari (shame on you--you were not supposed to send anything else! GRR!) for feeding my addiction further. Ha!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this