Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2021 #14

 

Welcome back...but wasn't it just, like, yesterday that we were here last? Yep. It was... That's what you get for blindly bidding on a bunch o' stuff on Sunday night auctions...and then returning to see that you've "won" a bunch. Oops!

So, let's get on with today's post. I have so much to do. I'm packing, the house is a mess, I have company coming (!!!) and am expecting a plumber. O' the joy... (NOT!) 


STAR WARS (Special Edition trilogy re-release):

Didn't I just add this to the previous post? Uh, well, yes... sort of. Oops! I ended up winning two of nearly the same poster. The only difference I can see is that this one gives dates for the releases. The other one had no dates mentioned. Snore.




STAR WARS (Special Edition rerelease):

Boy, I guess the Special Edition rereleases really are not fan favorites. I was totally expecting to be outbid. I wasn't. Oops...




WILD GUITAR (Alternative day-glo style):

Oh my! Such HIDEOUS art! I love it. Wild Guitar is another bottom-o-the-barrel Ray Dennis Steckler flick. This is one of a string of films he made that starred Arch Hall, Jr. -- a guy whose father tried to turn into a movie/recording star, as he (Arch Hall, Sr) financed all of his son's films. ("Nicholas Merriwether" is an alias for Arch Hall, Sr.) There is a more polished (and far more common) one sheet for this flick. I had NEVER seen this one, and--as I said--it is God AWFUL. I had to have it. It smashes the fun barrier! Ha!




A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (Remake):

This movie is crap...but do I have the one sheet? Hmm. I have all of the NIGHTMARE posters, but this one I wasn't sure about, so...




ALIEN VS PREDATOR: REQUIEM:

I'm not sure I had this one either--not that I needed it. The film was rather weak. BUT... this super cheap.



AVATAR (International):

AVATAR was is, if I'm not mistaken, the biggest box office hit ever to date. Is that correct? I know sequels are on their way--but I hope James Cameron did NOT delay making them too long. I expected to be outbid on this one sheet. Yes, it's an international version, but still. Nope. I won it for the minimum bid of $10. Perhaps the AVATAR hoopla has moved on...



BEHIND THE MASK:

Another poster I didn't know existed (I thought this went straight to video?) and am surprised to have gotten for a minimum bid. This was a popular little flick in its day. It was also rather clever. But minimum bid? It's already forgotten. Zowie...




GODZILLA 2000:

I saw this in the theater. While not great, it was better than that Matthew Broderick thing in the late 90s. To me, the thing Godzilla was battling looked like a giant bed pan. I think it morphed into something else, but for the longest time I expected the Big G to try and take a dump in it. Ha!



HELLBOY (International advance):

I've never seen the HELLBOY films, but this poster looked interesting and different from any other I've seen. Okay...sold.



FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN (military rerelease):

Goodness me... I remember back, maybe 10, 15 or 20 years ago, military one sheets were something to snub. They were dirt cheap. And now look at me spending hundreds for a Universal monster military poster. This is the third military monster poster I own. I guess we'll do anything for our monsters. I'm actually excited about this one. 



And that is it. Thanks for visiting once again. Please show yourself out. I've got to get back to my packing...


CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On