Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2019 # 23


Happy holidays. I know this is a busy time for everyone, but DON'T PANIC... I'm NOT going to take up that much time. In fact, there are fewer posters (just 5) in today's post than the usual 10. Why? Because due to financial issues (those way too expensive Excalibur Auction purchases last time---plus the way too expensive shipping for them coupled with a very expensive purchase somewhere below DID NOT help situations) and health problems, I think that...unless something really awesome comes along...these will be my final poster purchases. Forever? Hopefully not...but for a long, long time, any way.  (Although, I still intend to post updates on projects I'm working on around the house, etc.) So let's take a gander at my last (for now) set.




BLACK CHRISTMAS (2019):

I soooooo did NOT need this. However, I have the poster for the original (under the SILENT NIGHT, EVIL NIGHT title) and the first remake (which wasn't all that long ago...or was it?). Why not the new remake? It was cheap---but what a dull poster.





DRACULA AND SON (Italian 2F):

I've never seen this and normally I'd have passed on this...but it was surprisingly cheap. Christopher Lee in a non-Hammer Why not?





THOR: THE CONQUEROR (Italian 2F):

Another Italian poster I didn't need, but this CONAN rip-off from the 80s has always intrigued me. (I'm sure it is awful, but I have yet to see it.) I am almost certain I have a different (better) poster for this same movie. Hmm.






GHOST CATCHERS:

From 1944 comes this poster for a funny fright flick (so I read...it's supposed to be a comedy). I should have passed on this--but I thought why not? It is in remarkably good condition for being 75 years old. I have no idea who Olsen & Johnson are/were, but Lon Chaney Jr, Andy Devine and Morton Downey (Sr.) also star and have their names on the poster. "They got hants in their dance!" Okay... whatever.







 THE BLOB:

Oh my stars! Even though I paid far, FAR more than I ever wanted to pay for this (YIKES!!!!), I have been after an original THE BLOB poster ALL of my life (well, since I started collecting posters back when I was 11 or so). I have both versions of the sequel poster and the remake poster...but the original? Never...until now. Zowie! This film starred a young Steve McQueen and Aneta Corseaut (or Corsaut) (better known as Helen Crump on "The Andy Griffith Show"). The scene in the movie theater must have freaked movie goers out big time back in 1958. Ha! How BLOB-eriffic!

Zowie! I'm so excited. Here is the original trailer:




And that is all for now...and for the rest of the year (and possibly then some), I imagine. Thanks for visiting. Have a super holiday season. I hope Santa brings you all of the coolest posters on your wish list and that 2020 is beyond amazing for all of us.

CHEERS!




P.S. Don't forget to find me lurking in these other venues: 

On Instagram, look for theshockoramapostershow at:  https://www.instagram.com/theshockoramapostershow/


And on Instagram, look for me as the_tiki_tourist here:  https://www.instagram.com/the_tiki_tourist/

Also on Instagram, come along with me as mr_travel_junkie: 
My general blog is here: https://monsterago-go.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On