Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2019 #3


Hello and welcome back. It's time for more posters and again...there's not much to be excited about. Hmm. Well, since you are, you might as well take a look. There may be something that catches your eye...


BAD TIMES AT THE EL ROYALE (International Style A teaser):

I never saw this movie, but I remember thinking the trailer for it made it look good. I DID want to go. I thought I would at least get the poster and maybe I'll see the flick sometime? Did anyone see it? Is it worth my time? Hmm.







ANTIBIRTH:

I've never seen this. The poster is colorful, but the art is...eh. However, the film intrigues me now---which is why I went for the poster. Just look at those reviews; "Gross as Hell" and "Epically F***ED-UP!" Wow! I need to see this. I have a copy sitting in my cart on Amazon even as I write this... ha!







KISS ME, STUPID:

Hmm. This was cheap. I don't think I've ever heard of it---but Kim Novak? Dean Martin? In a film by Billy Wilder? I thought this was probably a bargain and snatched it up...but I am not sure. hmm.





THE GREATEST SHOWMAN (Style B advance):

I'm still on the fence about this purchase. Did I need it? NO. 






THE PREDATOR (style A teaser):

I'm also unsure about the wisdom of getting this poster. Is it a remake or a sequel. i didn't bother to see it. I do have a poster for all of the other PREDATOR films though (why I have them, I'm not quite sure...but...)






THE SEVEN MAGNIFICENT GLADIATORS:

Not a HERCULES film, but along the same lines---from the brief revitalized interest in the 80s. I've never seen it. It's probably crap. oh well.





I DEMONI (aka THE DIRT GANG) (Italian 4 F):

UGH! Bad bid again...this was another quickie bid on my phone at work. I thought the poster looked cool...a wild Charles Manson-looking dude and a title like "I Demoni"--it sounded up my alley. Who knew it was something released here as "The Dirt Gang"? That sounds utterly dull (as dirt). And it turned out to be a 4 F. I hate that size!  Grr...






HORROR EXPRESS (German):


I have a lot of different posters for HORROR EXPRESS--all with different art work.  This art is, in my opinion, the preferred art for the film. I'm glad to have it.







THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH (International):

I have the US release, but have never had this International poster for the second to the last of the Pierce Brosnan Bond films. I liked this outing--despite Denise Richards playing a scientist (named Christmas Jones, or something like that). Ha!







TWO LOST WORLDS:

I've seen this poster only once before. I have never seen the flick. I wonder if the dinosaur scenes are just borrowed from other old films or new? (It looks cheap---I'm guessing the shots are borrowed. Ha!) "Jim Arness" is really James Arness from the old "Gunsmoke" TV show (I looked that up at least). The poster is kind of fun---but the dinosaurs look like the artist was from the 7th grade or something. Ha!



And that's it for now. Thanks for visiting. I know the collection was not all that fab this time...but it was a step up from last time. (Hopefully)  I'm already working on the next installment. Stay tuned.





CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #17

  Welcome back…  This post is one of the weakest entries of late. That is saying a lot, as the previous entry was pretty bad. However, the next entry will be even more pathetic than this one. I’m winding down from my recent purchases… Finally. I can’t afford anything. But let’s take a look at when I have this time, shall we? This will be quick. SURGIKILL (special) : I’m not sure what this is. It’s only 9 1/2 x 8 1/2“ long. It is some promotional piece for Andy Milligan’s “ SURGIKILL”.  “SURGI-What!?! You’ve never heard of it, probably.  I do not know why, but I am an anti-Milligan aficionado. SURGIKILL Was one of his last movies. It went straight to  video. I caught it on DVD. It’s OK… Certainly nothing to write home about. But I couldn’t not get this piece. It is allegedly from Andy Milligan‘s estate…And was cheap. POLTERGEIST I I: Normally, I wouldn’t bother with sequel posters. But this was part of a lot. So why not? The movie itself… Not so good. THE SATAN B...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #16

Welcome back. As I write this, the very tail end of my recent poster-buying mania is coming to a close. Well, I still have to worry about auctions on Thursday of this week, it looks like I only have to worry about one poster. Whether or not I get it remains to be seen. However, at the moment, there are two posters in this post. I have one from recent auctions. One of them, the one that I am most displeased with winning, is fairly obvious. The other one, not so much. The one I may or may not win on Thursday? I think that will be obvious as well by what I intend to write about it should I win it, but we shall see. Can you figure out which posters I want in these last auctions before coming to my senses? Of the 10 title shown here two (or three) of them are from those final crazed auctions. TEENAGE COWGIRLS: What the hell was I thinking? On the tail end of my weird cancer buying spree (inspired by my seemingly surviving it—-although I’m not out of the woods yet—while two longtime friends ...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #14

  And welcome back… With this post, I am hopefully wrapping up all the posters I purchased in my recent mania. ( Actually, as I write this, there are still a few auctions out there. I have bids on that haven’t closed. While I doubt I’ll get anything, there’s always the worry that I will and that those purchases will spill over into another post. Eek!) As per my (sometimes) usual, I’ve got a lot of trash and a few treasures. I also have a very bad headache. So let’s get on with it already… VAN HELSING : This must’ve been a lot purchase. Although it’s based on a character. DRACULA , I had absolutely zero interest in seeing this movie. Zero. TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD (French) : I have long been a fan of the BLIND DEAD films . To my knowledge, only three of the four were released in the US and have one sheets. The first one, TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD , was released as just THE BLIND DEAD with a misleading poster image making it seem like a knockoff of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD .   RETUR...