Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2019 #2


Hello!  It is my second post of the new year, and already things are shaping up to be a rather mediocre (at best) year. The posters below represent my continual stupid practice on bidding on just about anything before heading to or secretly while at work---losing all of the good stuff and getting stuck with crap I really do not want. (And speaking of crap I really do not want, I am in the process of getting tons of stuff packaged up and shipped to auction...Why keep all of the flotsam and sludge I really don't want and/or will never hang?) There's not much to see. But if you have a few minutes to waste---feel free to wander around and take a look.


YOUNGBLOOD (Australian daybill):

I never saw this. I don't think I have ever heard of it, actually. I saw that Patrick Swayze was in it and thought that might make it collectible? What was i thinking? That's not even Patrick Swayze in the main photo. Ha! I'm sure that, as soon as I get it, I'll turn around and get rid of it again. 





HOW TO STUFF A WILD BIKINI (Australian daybill):

Another "what was I thinking?" purchase. While I admit I like my "Beach Party" movies and have all of the posters for them already, I went after this one because of the title change. "Stuff" became "Fill" down under because apparently "Stuff" is slang for...well, a four-lettered word beginning with an "F".  I thought that was funny...and wonder HOW they got around the opening title theme song. Did they re-record it with "Fill"? Was it cut altogether? If not, I'm sure there were shocked adults and a lot of giggling youngsters when this showed. Ha!





THE FIRST PURGE:

This is the 4th film in the series. Normally I do not bother with sequel posters---with exceptions (Bond, horror franchises I like, etc.). This one I should have let go by as well. However, i have posters for the other three films, so why not?





TRANSYLMANIA:

Another poster I didn't need. What was I thinking when I bought this turd? Well, this spring, I have a big European trip coming up with friends. I'll visit London, Florence, Naples/Pompeii, and Rome. I will be leaving my friends while in London for several days in St. Petersburg (Yes, in RUSSIA!) to visit another friend. I have another friend in Romania I am toying with the idea of going to see while we are in Florence for a week. Looking into that possibility (which I am thinking more and more about making a reality), I realized that the Transylvania area of Romania is only a few hours drive from Bucharest, where my Romanian friend lives. Hmm. Maybe I can get up there as well? While heavily excited about the possibility of seeing the real Transylvania, this poster came up and I bought just because. I've never seen the flick and I am guessing it is bad, bad, BAD. Oh well... it was only $1.





QUERELLE (German):

I have been thinking a lot about my poster-collecting friend who committed suicide two years ago. I bought a lot of his posters when they came to auction---but a lot I had to let go to others. I remember this particular poster was one I let go. I remember thinking the front of the sailor guy's undershirt was strangely too low cut. It looks like he has boobs with a hairy cleavage (well, it IS I guess)...it almost looks like a hairy butt. Dumb, random thought---but that is why I remember this poster. I've never seen QUERELLE, so I have no idea if it is any good or not. I also have no idea why I bought this because I am reasonably sure it is NOT Scott's copy. UGH!





ALIEN (Large French):

This is one of those posters I recently bought after remembering an auction was happening and trying to quickly sneak a look on my phone (with tiny pictures) and just bid blindly.  When I bid, i had no idea this was French. UGH! I already have an ALIEN poster. It was one of the first posters I ever had as a kid...so it is not in the best condition. i wanted this as a replacement. Now I'll just turn around and sell it again...





FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII--THE NEW BLOOD (International one sheet):

Why did I buy this? I already have a few copies of the domestic version. UGH!!!! What a waste of cash-o-rama.





ANDY WARHOL'S BLUE MOVIE (German):

I do like my Warhol posters....and this was not released in the US. But why am I not loving it? Hmm.






HERE COMES THE DEVIL:

This poster is not that exciting...but to me, it is the "winner" of the bunch. I've never seen this flick, but I have heard good things about it. Hopefully, if I do see it, it will live up to its reputation and be the sole positive purchase out of all of these in today's post. (If it sucks, well... Back into the resale pile it goes...)






Okay--we are done. Jump for joy. Now you can get outta here.


I'll see you next time. (That is, if you bother to return. Hmm...)



CHEERS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this