Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #17

 

Welcome back…  This post is one of the weakest entries of late. That is saying a lot, as the previous entry was pretty bad. However, the next entry will be even more pathetic than this one. I’m winding down from my recent purchases… Finally. I can’t afford anything.
But let’s take a look at when I have this time, shall we? This will be quick.

SURGIKILL (special):

I’m not sure what this is. It’s only 9 1/2 x 8 1/2“ long. It is some promotional piece for Andy Milligan’s “ SURGIKILL”.  “SURGI-What!?! You’ve never heard of it, probably.  I do not know why, but I am an anti-Milligan aficionado. SURGIKILL Was one of his last movies. It went straight to  video. I caught it on DVD. It’s OK… Certainly nothing to write home about. But I couldn’t not get this piece. It is allegedly from Andy Milligan‘s estate…And was cheap.


POLTERGEIST I I:

Normally, I wouldn’t bother with sequel posters. But this was part of a lot. So why not? The movie itself… Not so good.



THE SATAN BUG:
Most of the posters in this post are from a lot purchase. I didn’t put every single poster in. Some of them just suck too much. I’ve never heard of this movie before. The poster, well, not great, is new to me. I don’t know the film. I don’t know the poster. So why not included?

CUJO:
I probably already have a copy of this. It’s not the best poster in the world and it’s not the best Stephen King adaptation.… But it’s Cujo. Woof.

LINK:
Another poster for a movie I’ve never heard of. Yes, it was from the lot I got. I might as well include it.

FIRESTARTER:
another substandard, Stephen King adaptation. I probably already have this poster, too. Who knows? Who cares? Yes, it was a lot purchase.

CAT’S EYE:
For those few who don’t know, this is yet another Stephen King adaptation that’s not really a Stephen King adaptation. It’s a collection of short stories of his-not a novel.adaptation. FIRESTARTER‘s, Drew Barrymore is back for this one as well.

THE FINAL CONFLICT:
Yes, another lot purchase. Who doesn’t have a cheap copy of this poster? This was a box off his bomb, I believe. It’s for strike against it was that it didn’t really identify itself as THE OMEN 3. I mean, it mentions being part of the OMEN trilogy, but… Certainly, this is my least favorite of the three original films. If you add in the fourth TV movie, this takes a step up. But that’s not saying much. This could’ve been so much more, but they obviously were keeping an eye on the budget. Too bad.

PSYCHO II:
I actually really liked the sequel. Yes this is another lot poster. I probably already have a copy of this or two. It was much better than PSYCHO 3 Or that TV movie (PSYCHO 4?) that was actually sort of a prequel with a young Norman Bates. But I did find this interesting. Not for purists, but go into it with an open mind if you haven’t seen it. The poster itself is just OK.

LEVIATHAN:
I saw this flick when it came out. I don’t remember much about it. There were a couple of other similarly themed movies that came out about the same time. Why is this lot poster taking the coveted last spot in this post? Because I don’t think I had a copy before. The art isn’t that exciting, but it’s new to me in the sense that I didn’t have it before.

And that is your 10 posters for this time. As I told you, it was short and sweet… And utterly boring. I have one more post ready to go. Nothing exciting there either… But I’ll get it up in about a week or so. Thanks for visiting this time. Cheers!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #16

Welcome back. As I write this, the very tail end of my recent poster-buying mania is coming to a close. Well, I still have to worry about auctions on Thursday of this week, it looks like I only have to worry about one poster. Whether or not I get it remains to be seen. However, at the moment, there are two posters in this post. I have one from recent auctions. One of them, the one that I am most displeased with winning, is fairly obvious. The other one, not so much. The one I may or may not win on Thursday? I think that will be obvious as well by what I intend to write about it should I win it, but we shall see. Can you figure out which posters I want in these last auctions before coming to my senses? Of the 10 title shown here two (or three) of them are from those final crazed auctions. TEENAGE COWGIRLS: What the hell was I thinking? On the tail end of my weird cancer buying spree (inspired by my seemingly surviving it—-although I’m not out of the woods yet—while two longtime friends ...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #14

  And welcome back… With this post, I am hopefully wrapping up all the posters I purchased in my recent mania. ( Actually, as I write this, there are still a few auctions out there. I have bids on that haven’t closed. While I doubt I’ll get anything, there’s always the worry that I will and that those purchases will spill over into another post. Eek!) As per my (sometimes) usual, I’ve got a lot of trash and a few treasures. I also have a very bad headache. So let’s get on with it already… VAN HELSING : This must’ve been a lot purchase. Although it’s based on a character. DRACULA , I had absolutely zero interest in seeing this movie. Zero. TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD (French) : I have long been a fan of the BLIND DEAD films . To my knowledge, only three of the four were released in the US and have one sheets. The first one, TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD , was released as just THE BLIND DEAD with a misleading poster image making it seem like a knockoff of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD .   RETUR...