Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #6



Hi there. Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show. The last time we met, I announced that I was stepping back from poster shopping for a while---and was actually planning to weed out my collection and send stuff off to auction, as I was getting into dire financial straits. Then the coronavirus situation happened. Crap. Selling things is on hold. Because I am a nurse and will probably have to deal with the virus directly in the very near future, I decided to go ahead and prep the next Shock-O-Rama Poster Show (even though there isn't much in it) in case I get sick. I am older, with underlying health issues and male...in other words, I fit the profile of 70% of those who have died so far. Yep, I'm SCREWED.



Is this my swan song? I certainly hope NOT. It's not the best example to go out on. We will have to wait and see (but if I never post again--um--you'll know why...).


Let's take a look and see what (CRAP) I have today...





WHO IS KILLING THE GREAT CHEFS OF EUROPE:

This was part of a lot of posters all containing the word "Who" in the title. It is a dull poster and I am sure I have another copy somewhere. This is not even a shot of the actual poster---just one to fill the void for now. The auction house didn't bother to take a photo of it---that's how unexciting this poster is. Oh well.




WHO SLEW AUNTIE ROO?:

I have a copy of this already. Shelly Winters, Mark Lester, Ralph Richardson and Lionel Jeffries star in this forgettable early 70s horror.





WHO KILLED TEDDY BEAR?:

Sal Mineo and Juliet Prowse star in this flick (and poster). I've never seen the flick (I can't find it) but have heard good things about it. Any good?  (Never mind. Found a bootleg DVD place online that has it and I've given it an order...)





HALLOWEEN (2007 remake):

This (and the 2 below) were at auction and I scored the lot of them for $1 (with a $19 buyer's premium, of course). I was NO FAN of the Rob Zombie HALLOWEEN flicks, but I do have to say that the poster for the 2007 HALLOWEEN was nicely done.  I have one already...but why not a cheap extra copy? Why not indeed.





HALLOWEEN 2 (2009 remake teaser):

I disliked the HALLOWEEN remake, but the HALLOWEEN 2 remake was beyond awful. What the hell was with that ghost horse???  HUH???  Whatever...





HALLOWEEN 2 (2009 remake advance):

This is the reason I bought the three HALLOWEEN poster lot. NOT that I liked the movie (HATED IT), but although I am sure I have the other style of poster for this sequel, I am NOT sure I had this style. I do now. DONE.






HOUSE OF EXORCISM:

I love my EXORCIST ripoffs. My fave would be BEYOND THE DOOR, probably...but this one is a close 2nd. Mario Bava is uncredited as the director because his film, LISA AND THE DEVIL, (although it is a nifty film as it is) was deemed unreleasable. It taken back, re-tooled, had some new exorcism crap added in and a different ending added on and voila...HOUSE OF EXORCISM. Telly Savalas walks around with a lollipop as a creepy butler. Elke Sommer goes full on Linda Blair and vomits up frogs. Robert Alda (Alan's dad) is the exorcist. It's very Italian/European, but also very different. I have one of these posters already...but this one went for only $1 (plus the $19 buyer's premium). Zowie! Why buy it? Was it the power of Christ compelling me or did the devil make me do it? Either way, I am happy to have yet another copy.





STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Advance):

Did I need this? It was just affordable, so...into the future resell pile it goes. (Hmm... How long before the newer STAR WARS titles start to get pricey? Or will they?) Eh... probably wasted the cash on this one. Oh well...







BLOODBATH AT THE HOUSE OF DEATH (Australian daybill):

I had never heard of this flick before stumbling on to this daybill. Vincent Price stars (or perhaps it is just a glorified cameo?). I appreciate the double meaning in the tag line: "The movie that took a lot of guts to make." Clever... I can't seem to find a release of it over here though. Hmm.






S.O.S. TIDAL WAVE:

I am most excited about this poster. As a big disaster movie fan, I was delighted to finally snag a copy of the one sheet for this 1939 flick. It is actually available on BluRay and I just got a copy, so hopefully I'll get to watch it very soon. I'm NOT expecting much, but am still thrilled I'll get to see it.






That is all I have this time.

I hope you are all healthy and that you can avoid COVID 19 like, well... avoid it like the plague.

Stay safe. Social distance. WASH YOUR HANDS. Stay ALIVE.




CHEERS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this