Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 69

December 10, 2015, 12:06:59 AM

Hi there. It's time for the Shock-A-Rama Poster Show once again. Tonight it is a kinder, gentler, less bloody version as I post new acquisitions.


SOME LIKE IT HOT (Spanish re-releases):

Not long ago a former member of AllPosterForum.com, Rosa, posted something in the new acquisitions--examples of Spanish and Japanese versions of the SOME LIKE IT HOT poster. I also recently got an 80s US re-release poster for the film. Well, i also just got these two Spanish posters. The top one is like the one Rosa posted (in fact, i am using that same image to illustrate mine. The picture I have for my copy is much smaller) and the other I THINK is a take on the 80s re-release poster. That 80s re-release and these two Spanish posters are my only paper on the film and the only paper I have on Monroe except for... (continued below)





LOVE HAPPY (Spanish):

...except for THIS Spanish poster as well! I am pretty sure I have LOVE HAPPY, but (gasp!) I have never seen it. In fact, i don't think I've ever seen a complete Marx brothers movie...just bits and pieces. Saw this Spanish poster, reasonably priced and snapped it up. (Again--the image below is NOT the actual poster I have. The photo i have to illustrate the actual piece is tiny.)





THE HAPPY WORLD OF LAUREL AND HARDY (Spanish):

While I was picking up the Monroe & Marx Brothers poster, I thought I'd go ahead and add spome more classic comedy. I really dig the likenesses of Laurel & Hardy here. I have nothing else on the duo, so thought, why not? It wasn't too expensive.





ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND (Spanish):

Our last Spanish poster for today is for the British 70s musical "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". Cool poster art (different than the US version). I remember wanting to see this film as a kid really badly. Why? They had a good PR gimmick! Not long before the film came out, my family was at a local mall. There was this huge walk through display set up down the center of the mall that was supposed to be Wonderland with several costumed characters to greet you as you walked along through it. At the end, you were given a balloon with the name of the movie (and probably the release date) on it. WOW! If only ALL movies went to such lengths to promote themselves. That was so awesome--i just had to see the flick.  






HOLES (British quad):

Jumping across to England, it's quad time. HOLES thankfully was a good movie--very faithful to the book. When i was teaching 4th grade, I read HOLES to my students every year for two or three years before the movie came out (and before I left the profession...). My students LOVED the book and I used to make up voices for all of the characters so they could tell who was talking while i was reading. As i recall, the last class i read this to had the movie to look forward to the spring after we read it. When i saw it, i was so pleased it was so close to the novel. I wanted my students to really enjoy the experience...but many came to me saying they did NOT like it because the characters did NOT sound right. They didn't sound the way I had made them sound as we read the book. Ha!





THE HOLE (British quad):

When I discovered HOLES i also stumbled on THE HOLE in 3D. Huh? What is this movie? i have never heard of it--and i'm a sucker for 3D flicks. Hmm.





SEPTEMBER STORM:

Speaking of 3D flicks, here's the poster for an older 3D movie that touts it's gimmick without even saying outright that it's 3D!  ha!  When SEPTEMBER STORM came out, the gimmick of 3D must have been waning as this poster screams out that the movie is in STEREO VISION (instead of 3D). Unsuspecting ticket goers were probably ticked to learn STEREO VISION was just 3D...but hopefully the movie and the 3D effects were good. I'd love to see it...






FANNY HILL:

Huh?  I don't even remember buying this. Really.






ELVIS THE MOVIE:

I totally forgot I bid (very modestly) on this as well. I thought it would be a hoot. I'm no Elvis fan. At first i thought this was a concert movie or something...until i read the credits. Ha! It;'s the John Carpenter directed TV movie starring Kurt Russell that they re-released in theaters. Too funny.






That's about it for today. 

See you next time!  Happy Hannukah if that's your thing.


CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On