Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 68

December 05, 2015, 09:41:35 PM

Hi there... I'm B-A-C-K with 10 more new random posters I recently picked up to share!


CREEPSHOW (Italian):

Zowie!  I was looking for posters (duh) and i stumbled on this. OOooo so differrent than the US posters and yet so creepy cool. Zowie! I don't think i had seen this style before. Had to get it. especially since it wasn't very expensive (I like 'em cheap and cool!).




VAMPIRE HAPPENING (Italian):

I had no idea what this poster was for when i bought it. i still don't. (I've never heard of "VAMPIRE HAPPENING".)  The artwork was cheesy, but amusing...not the really classy stuff the Italians are known for in their posters (like the very nice poster for THE TORTURE CHAMBER OF DR SADISM I got a little while back). I just thought why not? It's kind of different.




ZOMBI 3:  

I decided to try and pick up some of the ZOMBIE posters. Maybe that was a mistake? zOMBI 1 (aka DAWN OF THE DEAD) is super pricey...as is ZOMBI 2 (aka to us, ZOMBIE). But ZOMBI 3?  AFFORDABLE!  I've not even seen a ZOMBI 4 poster yet. Hmm. Anyway, while ZOMBI 3 was disappointing, the poster is kind of nicely done. Two (dead and rotting...but still twitching) thumbs up.




THE 4D MAN:

I have wanted one of these for years! I've never seen the movie, but as a guy who loves gimmicks and is wild about vintage 3D movies, who WOULDN'T be suckered by a title called THE 4D MAN!?!  It's probably a crappy flick. I wish there was some sort of gimmick they had used to with the movie in addition to the title--oh well. Glad to finally get one.




PINK FLAMINGOS:

I am also super glad to score this original French release poster for PINK FLAMINGOS. I have the re-release one sheet for the flick--and that's fine. But to get something vintage--is so cool. I dig John Waters flicks (the earlier ones are the better ones, in my opinion). I'd really like to score the French poster and (especially) the US one sheet for FEMALE TROUBLE. However, this PINK FLAMINGOS is a big coup for me. Color me thrilled...and I didn't have to eat any dog poop to get it. Hooray!





SNOW WHITE:

Could this possibly be the "geatest" poster ever made? You know by now I like my kiddie matinee posters...and I am pretty sure I already have this poster (but I must have gotten it before APF. I don't see a copy on here). Long before I bought the poster, I ran across the VHS tape for this in a bargain bin. I laughed out loud in the store because there was a glaring spelling error on the front cover. Instead of reading "The greatest fairy tale..." there was a typo and it read "The geatest fairy tale...". (Found an example of the video and am showing it below. Look in the blue shy background area.) Too bad the actual poster (below the video box) does NOT have the same typo...or it very well could have been the geatest poster of all time. No, I have never seen the movie. I'm sure it's the geatest though.






INVINCIBLE BARBARIAN (Yugoslavian):

I don't know this movie at all...but it was colorful, action-packed, and CHEAP. Wait...what year was this from? Seems like there was a 60s peplum with that name--but then, those old peplums were constantly retitled from country to country. Hmm.





LA VENDETTA DI URSUS (Italian):

Speaking of old peplums, I have this poster for one here. This is the original Italian poster where it was called LA VENDETTA DI URSUS. I have not tried to see what the US title was for this yet, but I doubt it was an URSUS movie by the time it reached out shores. The heroes of those old sword and sandal movies often had name changes when they crossed borders. Maciste became Hercules. Hercules became Samson. Samson became Ursus. Etc. Etc. Etc. Most of the movies that starred the character URSUS on our shores starred Ed Fury. This one stars Samson Burke (who actually played Hercules once in THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES).But I thought this was a very nicely done example of sword and sandal art from the era. Oh...i was mistaken. i just looked it up and it was released here as THE VENGEANCE OF URSUS. Groovy.





SCARS OF DRACULA with HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN and COUNT DRACULA AND HIS VAMPIRE BRIDE

The last two posters are together in the same photo. There is a dealer on eBay who usually has good quality stuff. I check in from time to time to see what he has. He can be pricey,,,but once in a while you find a bargain. He was auctioning off these two posters together. I bid on them, was outbid, and didn't give it a second thought..,  Until several weeks later when he emailed me, offering them to me as the original winner never paid up. Hmm. I really wasn't interested. I already had a copy of COUNT DRACULA AND HIS VAMPIRE BRIDE. I only really wanted/needed the DRACULA/FRANKENSTEIN combo poster, and he was asking a little more than my original bid amount for them. However, he had offered me some deals in the past. So, in order to keep that little relationship alive, I agreed to buy them. Ring-a-ding-doo... I wasn't too thrilled about the deal, but whatever. I'm sure he was happy to have made the sale.




And that's all of the time we have today, kiddies.

There will be more next week some time!

Check back later if you can.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r