Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #5

 

Hello. Welcome back. As I told you last time, I had enough posters for another quick post. I bought a lot of, mostly, crap between this post and the previous one. For the most part, they were cheapish. Although most of them, I realize, I will never hang and will probably end up getting rid of. There’s nothing all that fabulous here. The first two especially are pretty lame. Take a look or don’t. Like the last batch, I am less than proud of this post, so let’s quickly run through and get it done..,

BEYOND DARKNESS (video): 

This cheap-o video poster is not much. Known in its home country, Italy, as La Casa 5, it’s better known around the world as BEYOND DARKNESS. The flick tells the story of a priest and his family who move into a house where, unbeknownst to them,  20 witches were burned to death. AMITYVILLE HORROR-type phenomena appears.For years I got this flick confused with SUPERSTITION, which is also an over-the-top haunted house flick about a family being terrorized by the ghost of a witch. SUPERSTITION is better (not by a lot, but…), but eh… this was cheap!


BRAM STOKER’S THE MUMMY (video):

I know nothing of this movie. It was just another cheapo. I don’t know why I bought it. I’ll never hang out. Louis Gossett Jr must’ve really needed the work…


MOONRAKER (Advance):

I have the regular MOONRAKER one sheet, but I didn’t have this advance one sheet. I do love my James Bond movies, but this one is one of my least favorites. It got too slapsticky towards the end. I didn’t need it, but as a completist (or, at least, I try to be), even though I will never hang it, I thought it would be nice to have. 


THE DEVIL’S BACKBONE:

I didn’t need this. I probably won’t ever hang it. It’s a good movie and I like the colors on this poster, but...


DEATH OF A UNICORN: 

I’ve heard of this movie, but of course it never came here.I know it’s a horror/comedy, or at least that’s what I’ve been led to believe. There are three 1 sheets for this movie. I picked them all up, because… Why not? (I found this—and the next 4 posters after it—on Dale Dilts’  eBay page, MoviePosters4U. He’s a known and trusted dealer.)



DEATH OF A UNICORN:
I’m not really sure what this movie is about. The creatures on this poster, and the one above, certainly look nothing like a unicorn to me. 



DEATH OF A UNICORN:
I think I’d like to see this movie if I’m able to. Has anyone seen it? Worth the effort? It’s an A24 movie. That’s at least promising.

HELL OF A SUMMER:

I know nothing about this movie. I do like the throwback, quasi- FRIDAY THE 13TH vibe the poster has. The tagline ”Pack your body bags” also works for me. I didn’t need this. And I would rather have a poster with artwork as opposed to the typical photo assemblage, but no one asked me…


UNTIL DAWN:

Zowie! I know nothing about this movie at all. The artwork, suggesting an hourglass with a spooky house at the top and skulls raining down like sand in the bottom half, I find intriguing. It’s probably gonna be crap, but… the “Every night is a different nightmare” tagline is tempting. 


THE GHOST THAT WALKS ALONE (linen):
I had never heard of this movie before. It looks like a tame, silly (low budget) murder mystery made to look like a comic horror flick. It’s old school and obscure enough to be interesting. I’m sorry I had to use the EMovie image. I’m sure they sent me a good copy, but in my condition I don’t what I did with it. Oh well… No big deal. 

And that is 10. Not the most exciting batch I know, but it’s still better than the bulk of the previous post. Anyway, that’s all I have. Thanks for visiting the page and taking a look. 
Cheers!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #17

  Welcome back…  This post is one of the weakest entries of late. That is saying a lot, as the previous entry was pretty bad. However, the next entry will be even more pathetic than this one. I’m winding down from my recent purchases… Finally. I can’t afford anything. But let’s take a look at when I have this time, shall we? This will be quick. SURGIKILL (special) : I’m not sure what this is. It’s only 9 1/2 x 8 1/2“ long. It is some promotional piece for Andy Milligan’s “ SURGIKILL”.  “SURGI-What!?! You’ve never heard of it, probably.  I do not know why, but I am an anti-Milligan aficionado. SURGIKILL Was one of his last movies. It went straight to  video. I caught it on DVD. It’s OK… Certainly nothing to write home about. But I couldn’t not get this piece. It is allegedly from Andy Milligan‘s estate…And was cheap. POLTERGEIST I I: Normally, I wouldn’t bother with sequel posters. But this was part of a lot. So why not? The movie itself… Not so good. THE SATAN B...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #16

Welcome back. As I write this, the very tail end of my recent poster-buying mania is coming to a close. Well, I still have to worry about auctions on Thursday of this week, it looks like I only have to worry about one poster. Whether or not I get it remains to be seen. However, at the moment, there are two posters in this post. I have one from recent auctions. One of them, the one that I am most displeased with winning, is fairly obvious. The other one, not so much. The one I may or may not win on Thursday? I think that will be obvious as well by what I intend to write about it should I win it, but we shall see. Can you figure out which posters I want in these last auctions before coming to my senses? Of the 10 title shown here two (or three) of them are from those final crazed auctions. TEENAGE COWGIRLS: What the hell was I thinking? On the tail end of my weird cancer buying spree (inspired by my seemingly surviving it—-although I’m not out of the woods yet—while two longtime friends ...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #14

  And welcome back… With this post, I am hopefully wrapping up all the posters I purchased in my recent mania. ( Actually, as I write this, there are still a few auctions out there. I have bids on that haven’t closed. While I doubt I’ll get anything, there’s always the worry that I will and that those purchases will spill over into another post. Eek!) As per my (sometimes) usual, I’ve got a lot of trash and a few treasures. I also have a very bad headache. So let’s get on with it already… VAN HELSING : This must’ve been a lot purchase. Although it’s based on a character. DRACULA , I had absolutely zero interest in seeing this movie. Zero. TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD (French) : I have long been a fan of the BLIND DEAD films . To my knowledge, only three of the four were released in the US and have one sheets. The first one, TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD , was released as just THE BLIND DEAD with a misleading poster image making it seem like a knockoff of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD .   RETUR...