Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #3

 

If you survived my last god-awful post and came back for more (Glutton for punishment?), fear not. (Well...) While my (ultra l-o-w) budget does not allow me to buy anything stellar or "OMG-I've-wanted-that-for-so-long" incredible, but I got a few new things anyway. Some are eh...whatever, some are repeats, and some I am glad to have! Well...don't let me build up your hopes. (There are a fair number of turds here. Truly.) Get your ticket (They're CHEAP!), grab a chair, sit back and let's get this episode of the poster show going. Last chance to duck out...the lights are dimming. Here we go-go...

MAGIC MIKE'S LAST DANCE:

This was a free one from the box of giveaway posters at my local theater. I'll gladly take it, but... Snore. NEXT.

SCANNERS 2 - THE NEW ORDER (Video):

I don't remember exactly if the first sequel to SCANNERS ever got a theatrical release or not. I don't believe it did. I DO have the one sheet for the original film. I came across this--and it was cheap--and thought, why not? I saw the flick back in the VHS days, but don't remember much about it. It was my impression though that it was pretty much a carbon copy of the first flick. Was it? Hmm. The poster is dull -- but as a bonus, it lists the video releasing company, Media, which put out a lot of great stuff back in the day (like the original HALLOWEEN)! Cheap poster--cheap thrills.


SCANNERS-THE SHOWDOWN (Video):

I'm not sure exactly how many SCANNERS sequels and spin-offs there were, Is SCANNERS-THE SHOWDOWN part 3 or did it come further down the road? I know there was also SCANNER COP (1 & 2). I don't think I caught any of the SCANNERS sequels beyond Part 2, though. This poster was also a cheap-o. I thought why not? But LAME poster. 




PHANTOM OF THE MALL--ERIC'S REVENGE (Video):

This is a video poster. I apparently never saw this. It was only after buying this (and looked up the title) that I realized this was not just another retitling of CHOPPING MALL (aka KILLBOTS) as I had somehow though. (I'd seen CHOPPING MALL decades ago on VHS--and have the theatrical one sheet.) They're completely different movies. (No wonder this was so cheap. Ha!)  The only thing they have in common is that thwy were both filmed at the same mall. I didn't remember a phantom-like guy in CHOPPING MALL, but then I don't remember CHOPPING MALL all that well (clearly). Oh well...


BRAIN DEAD (Video):
A movie starring Bill Pullman, Bill Paxton, Bud Cort, and George Kennedy--and produced by Julie (Mrs. Roger) Corman? How did I miss this curiousity? This is another video poster. Did this play theatrically? 

BEVERLY HILLS BODY SNATCHERS (Video):

This was cheap--and I'd never heard of it. It's a video poster as well--but did it ever have a theatrical release? With this poster--and the two above it (all purchased at the same time)--I realized that I was buying posters--not because I "need" or particularly "like" them, but because I was looking for things to fill up a post. Sorry. (I really need to STOP doing crap like that. Some of the free ones from the theater are bad enough...)


THE WILD PARTY:

I came across this while "shopping." It was cheap and it features the recently deceased 60 sex symbol Raquel Welch. In honor of Raquel, I decided to buy it...only to discover I already had a copy. Oops! (And I've never even seen the movie. Ha!) A while back, I was trying to track down all of  the posters for all of her flicks. I have ONE MILLION YEARS B.C., FANTASTIC VOYAGE, FATHOM, and a few others. I'd really also love to score a MYRA BRECKINRIDGE and a KANSAS CITY BOMBER, but... She may have been in her 80s when she died, but it broke my heart to lose another legend.


OLD DRACULA:

Like THE WILD PARTY, I already have a copy of OLD DRACULA. Unlike WILD PARTY, I didn't buy it by mistake thinking I needed one. Hello? I have a copy hanging on my bedroom wall. No...I just really like the poster. It was cheap. Now I have a spare.  I saw this flick when I was a kid in the 70s. (It was on a double bill with FOOD OF THE GODS.) I liked it then, although it didn't seem to hold up (in my opinion) years later when I saw it again. Held up or not, I have always loved the poster (especially the skeleton wearing cat-eye glasses in the coffin). The attempt to make it seem like a sequel to YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN cheapens it a bit, but what the heck? It's fun.



ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA:

Freebie poster from the theater. I'm not a superhero movie guy...so I never saw this--or the first one. But hey--I'll take the poster. It might be worth something someday...



VIOLENT NIGHT:

I got one of these awhile back. Why bother getting another (especially when I still have NOT seen it yet)? Because it was FREE at the theater. In fact, I picked up two copies! This is one of the many flicks my little small-town theater previewed, got posters for...and yet NEVER played. ARGH!!!!



PEARL (style A):

I lucked onto a free copy of the poster for X at my local theater. I was not as fortunate with the poster for the prequel, PEARL, which I had to buy. But I was thrilled to find one reasonably-ish priced. I do like how, on this A-style of the poster, they clue you in that this is part of the X series (the big X behind her and the "X-traordinary Origin Story" blurb). There's an ax and some blood splatters...what more do you need?


PEARL (Style B):

I came across this B-style (which I didn't know existed) while shopping. Ooooo I like it, too. The X poster and the PEARL posters have me really interested in the series---which I have NOT seen yet. (Shocker, huh?) I'm even looking forward to the next one, MAXXXINE, based on the positive word-of-mouth these two flicks have generated on their own. Whoo hoo!

And well...that's it. I hope you weren't too disappointed---or bored. I'll end this here--before it gets really bad. Courtesy ape-lause is even too much for this Poster Show. 
I'll try harder next time. 
Thanks for visiting.
Cheers!


 


 


 


 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this