Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2022 #7

 

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show! The year is winding down and this is more than likely my final post for the year. (But don't think for a minute that I'll not try to forage on and start working on posts for next year. Au contrare! I actually already have a poster for that post--whenever it happens. I managed to squeeze out 7 posts this year. Last year it was 17. The year before that it was 25. My dwindling output is not due to a dwindling interest. It's simple economics (I'm dead broke.) and my health issues keep me from doing a lot of things (like real, live poster shopping instead of just the online kind.) It is what it is and I'll continue this passion of mine as long as possible. 

Things being what they are, while there are a couple of goodies to be shared, most of the post is decidedly sub my usual standards. Beggars can't be choosers. 

But let's take a look and see what I have for you today...

LYLE, LYLE, CROCODILE:

You are probably staring incredulously at this first title and asking yourself, What? Is he kidding? Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile? WTF? I do understand the confusion and bewilderment. Let me just back up a bit and remind you of my life currently. I am very poor now. This was FREE. I guess I don't need to post every free thing I get from now on (especially if it is crap like this), but we will save that lesson learned for next time. 



DON'T WORRY DARLING (Adv):

More free poster goodness. Well, this poster isn't much to look at. The movie was at least very interesting (although flawed). And when I snagged this poster, I later found that there was a second copy of it in the roll. Bonus!



DON'T WORRY DARLING (Teaser):
Yet another freebie. This teaser is a tad more interesting than the advance above. But I still have questions about the flick.
PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE (British video poster):
I have no idea what I was thinking when I bought this. Just shake your head and walk away...

KING KUNG FU:
Believe it or not, by the time I stumbled on this poster, I had heard of KING KUNG FU. The seller had it listed as KING KONG FU...easy mistake (or perhaps he was trying to trick someone into buying this turd?) I bought it--just because I'm a KONG fan, and this 1976 release was made to obviously cash in on the Dino De Laurentiis remake that year. But--it looks BAD. (The trailer is HERE: https://youtu.be/X3_MMO4730Q ) It looks like a flick that went from here to obscurity...except in my poster collection.


VIOLENT NIGHT:
I don't know what this flick is? A crime movie? Horror? A knock off on SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT? I have no idea---but saw the poster and snatched it up just in case it becomes a hit (or a cult hit). His candy cane is on fire? What??? 


JENNIE, WIFE/CHILD:
Hot dang! I've been kind of after one of these for years. Poor white trash exploitation fun...even though I've never seen this particular movie. I'll bet it is a hoot.

Q:
A while back I got a poster for this film under the alternate title of THE WINGED SERPENT with completely different art. This is the more common title (Q) and art--at least they are the ones I am most familiar with. I saw this for sale---why not?


A BOY AND HIS DOG:
I've wanted one of these posters for ages. I remember seeing this playing all of the time when we first got cable back in the late 70s or early 80s. It's about a  "boy" (i.e. young man, Don Johnson) and his dog (that speaks telepathically). I don't remember much about it, but I did like it. Getting this poster has proven difficult, as well. The more common poster, the re-release with a smiling nuclear explosion mushroom cloud, is dull. I wanted this original release. Also note that the film takes place in 2024...just a tad over a year away from now. 


THE DEADLY ORGAN:
This is my prize this time around! Zowie! Just look at this day-glo wildness! If I understand correctly, this movie hails from Argentina and was also released as FEAST OF FLESH. I actually have a novelization of this flick! REALLY! "Tuned in and turned on..." and framed and waiting to go up on the wall. 


That's it for the posters this time, but I've forgotten to share my faux horror movie poster envelopes with you the last several postings. If you are interested, you can check out different batches here and here and here and here, also here, and finally here.
I am still working on a special UPDATE post I had hoped to get done by now--and may get done before the end of the year--or not. I also have prepared my annual post of my favorite Top 10 poster purchases of the past year---but I'll save that and get it posted later.
Yep, 2022 is just about over. Thank you for continuing to join me this year and keeping the Poster Show alive. I hope your holidays sparkle and are everything you want them to be. Here's to a happy, healthy, and poster-rich new year!
CHEERS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this