Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2022 Special Edition 1: Updates A GoGo

 


UPDATE-A-GO-GO:

The framing frenzy has continued. Below is a whole new crop of newly framed posters I am anxious to get up on my walls. Take a peek if you like. There's no extra charge!

CRY OF THE WEREWOLF:

I only got this poster a few months ago--not long before my move. I had never seen this poster before or heard of this flick. I still have not seen the film, but am thrilled to have this poster and was frantic to find it when I started framing things. It's not the most exciting poster--but it's an older, obscure horror title and that makes it exciting to me.


MESSIAH OF EVIL:
What a delight to have this rare-ish poster for the obscure MESSIAH OF EVIL. From what I read, the producers of AMERICAN GRAFITTI were making the film and ran out of money--leaving it unfinished. Some enterprising person came along, bought the footage, and assembled what there was of it. The movie doesn't make a whole lot of sense--but it is fascinating to watch anyway. Marianna Hill is a totally underrated part of scream queen horror history. To me, she's like a B-movie Racquel Welch.

THE TERRORNAUTS:
I wasn't going to frame anything that wasn't a horror movie. This is clearly sci-fi, but it's simply a stunning poster. (It looks so much better in real life.) Wow! I'd have totally gone to see this back in the day based on the poster alone. (I've never seen this flick---it's apparently not even on disc in my region.)

MOTHRA:
I am still lacking (and will probably never have) an original GODZILLA poster. But this MOTHRA is stunning. I totally dig Mothra's big, creepy, angry-looking face peering over the title. Zowie!!!

TWO THOUSAND MANIACS:
I had previously framed BLOOD FEAST--the first "gore" movie. The rest of my HG Lewis collection I was going to leave unframed--as I have too many other posters that have never been displayed. However, while talking with some guy online about posters on Instagram, he convinced me to frame at least Lewis' 2nd and 3rd horror flick posters as well, to complete the "Blood Trilogy" and because both are so rare. Thank you Fangoria for, back in the day, introducing me to Lewis and his films!

COLOR ME BLOOD RED:
The third film in HG Lewis' unrelated "Blood Trilogy" (I guess his later horror films like THE WIZARD OF GORE or THE GORE-GORE GIRLS don't count?) was COLOR ME BLOOD RED. Although of the three movies, I like this one the least, I must say that I think the poster is much better than BLOOD FEAST or TWO THOUSAND MANIACS. This is the rarest of the three, I believe...and was the hardest for me to track down. 

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE:
When I started my post-move framing project, I was not going to frame anything that had been framed before. However, you just can't ignore the classics. Besides, while I know I had this framed before, I don't think I ever had it hung on display. It's only a New Line re-release poster---but that's okay. It is the same art as the original Bryanston poster and, unless you are aware of that (Most people aren't.), you'd never know the difference. I am completely fine with this one.

THE CORPSE GRINDERS:
Another classic (albeit a low rent one) poster I couldn't resist giving a reframe, Bone-crushing terror! Spine-tingling chills! Craptastic movie. Ha!

ZOMBIE:
Yet another classic reframing. ZOMBIE!!!! "We are going to eat you!" Love it. 

I finally got around to actually hanging some posters in the new place. There is a small hallway into my bedroom--the perfect place to slap up EIGHT one sheets! Ha! 

The hall was too narrow to get the best photo of my efforts---but you get the gist of it.

And here is a final panorama shot that kind of captures it all. From left to right on the top: THE REDEEMER, EYEBALL, ORGY OF THE LIVING DEAD, INVASION OF THE BLOOD FARMERS. (Bottom): ZOMBIE, TOURIST TRAP, BASKET CASE, THE GATES OF HELL.

I added some of my framed collections to walls.
The top one is a presentation of some of the gimmicks I've collected, The top is an unused pair of ZOMBIE EYES glasses given out during the showing of PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES. Below that are two Witch Deflector coins (showing both front and back sides) used for the 1964 double bill of WITCHCRAFT and THE HORROR OF IT ALL. Next is a pair of hand-help 3D glasses for the nudie cutie flick PARADISO. I can't imagine having to hold a pair of glasses up for the entire run of a movie. It says to hold in your right hand, which I guess left the left hand free. Hmm. Below that is the Death Certificate given out with the double bill of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and BLOOD AND BLACK LACE. Finally there are the front and back of the 3D glasses handed out for THE MASK.

This is the display for my HALLOWEEN II remake prop book. I just reconfigured it---having the case be horizontal instead of vertical. I did not like the Rob Zombie HALLOWEEN films, with part II being the worst (imho). However, as a fan of the series in general, I am just pleased to have a part of its amazing history.

My BWANA DEVIL (the very FIRST full-length 3D movie) 3D glasses display is unchanged. I'm just glad to have it up again. 

My 80s 3D glasses display is also back up. The only change is that I've swapped out the lesser/plain pair of COMIN' AT YA glasses for the FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3 3D glasses. I'm still searching for AMITYVILLE 3D glasses. Do they exist? There are other 80s 3D films (ROTTWEILER, THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE, HOT HEIR, 3D TALES OF TERROR, SILENT MADNESS, etc.) whose glasses I'd also like to find (if they exist.)

In the corner of my bedroom, near the bathroom door, I had room for three more posters. I chose to hang YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, which I had never had up before. To complement it, I added OLD DRACULA. Then, to complement both of those colorful posters, I added the first CREEPSHOW one sheet on the adjacent wall.

Finally, for now at least, here is a small display of gimmicks from William Castle. First it is one of the Ghost Viewers given out for the 13 GHOSTS "Illusion-O" gimmick. Below that is a Lucky Ghost Card for 13 GHOSTS. To the left is a ZOTZ coin from the movie of the same name. The space on the right is for some smaller, different 13 GHOSTS tickets I have somewhere.

That's it for now, but I am far from done.

Thanks for visiting.

CHEERS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this