Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 Special Edition 1: Updates A GoGo




Welcome back! No new poster purchases today, just updates on my projects. Let's take a look, shall we?

Newly framed:

HELL FEST:

I purchased some cheap frames at Target. They only had 27x40, of course. I opted to frame the recent HELL FEST and I dig it. (I doubt it will ever appear on the walls, but you never know...)



CEMETERY MAN:

Within the second cheap-o Target frame, I slapped this cool-ish poster. Zombies, Guns and Sex, Oh my!


HELLBENT:

Swapping out one of the old 80s/90s BATMAN posters (that my nephew had previously had up in his room--thanks to me), I put in this shocking knife-to-the-eyeball poster for a movie I had never heard of before.




SHE FREAK:

Swapping out a James Bond poster for this colorful schlock horror one sheet was a groovy idea, I think.



A Bad Luck Year?

2020 is only a few weeks old, but already I'm growing weary of it. There have been a string of poster disappoints so far this year.

First, a while back I won a ZOMBIELAND DOUBLE TAP poster. I wasn't that thrilled, but it was super cheap...so why not? But--ugh!  When it finally showed up, I was shocked. It was very damaged. The idiot who sold it to me put it in a short triangularly shaped tube that was too short. How do you fix that? By taping a padded envelope around the top and sending it on its way. It was RUINED!







Then, I thought I scored a sought-after treasure. It was a 1980s re-release quad for NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. O' joy! I've wanted one for so long.


It came and...I didn't even pull it out of the plastic sleeve it came in. Why? There was something suspicious about it. There was a line of text on the side and it was blurry and the white space around it wasn't white...but also looked like it was grainy, like a photo that had been blown up. Hmm. I suspected it was a fake. 



The seller, who I believe sold it to me as an original in good faith, told me that he had bought it from another seller on eBay, tloceposters. UGH! The infamous TLoce strikes again---and this time from one of his victims. Fortunately the seller let me return it for a refund.

If you saw my last post about my first posters for 2020, you would have seen this poster:


Wow! Wow! WOW! I was soooooo thrilled to FINALLY score a HOUSE ON TELEGRAPH HILL poster and in such swell condition. It's a beauty. It arrived today and I immediately set about framing it. I pulled it from the plastic bag, put it in the frame and went to look at it. There was a hole right below the house. Not just a separation at the fold line, but a missing hunk of paper. I had noticed a gap when I was putting it in the frame, but I had thought it was just a small fold split. It's far more than that.


OH MY STARS! What happened? I looked at the poster carefully---there is not piece of paper folded over behind it. There is no small piece of paper on my floor or in the bag it was shipped in. There is just a hole. I am soooo BUMMED. $177 for this? I sent a note to eMovie earlier, but I doubt they'll be able to do anything. Jeepers... Just my luck.

Anyway, that's my updates for now. Hopefully 2020 will get itself together and work out better for me. (I'm NOT gonna hold my breath though...).

********

Late breaking UPDATE!

eMovie did get back to me about this. I had this note this morning:

This is Bruce. Obviously, that small piece became detached after it was photographed, and since I am sure you are telling the truth, it must have fallen off AFTER it was condition graded here, but BEFORE it was put in your package.

That is very sad, but as we guarantee all we auction, you can now return it for a full refund, including return shipping (see those instructions below). I will re-photograph it and re-auction it as my consignment, and I will take the loss.

That is so very kind of them. I am surprised that Bruce is doing this. But, Yippie! Now I can search for that poster in better condition. Yahoo!!! Perhaps 2020 won't be as bad as it initially seemed.

********

CHEERS!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this