Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2019 #6



Hello, and welcome back. This poster haul is not that stellar. I vote you skip it now and save yourself the bother. Why post it then? So I have a visual record of what I have.

But you may notice there are only 8 posters instead of my customary 10. That is because this will be the last post for awhile...at least until late April or, more likely, sometime in May or June. I'm leaving on a trip to Europe for several weeks and won't be home until the 18th or so. These 8 are all of the new stuff I have to share at the moment.

Take a look below or don't. I'll be seeing you...


KENNY & CO:

I didn't need this when I came across it...and I think I already have one anyway. (Which is good because--argh!--I did not notice the rating has a snipe over it. Grrr!) KENNY & CO. is an early Don "Phantasm" Coscarelli flick. When I was a kid during winter break of 1978, my parents took my brother and me to San Diego. We stayed in this ordinary hotel that sort of became magical to my brother and I. I can't remember all of the cool things that happened, but there was a vending machine that gave us free ice creams. Ha!)  There was cable TV in the room. KENNY & CO was on it and we LOVED it. We watched it several times and would mention to each other occasionally through the years. A long while back it was released on DVD and I bought us each a copy. Watching it as an adult...well, it didn't seem at all what I recalled and was not that great to my grown up eyes. Oh well. The poster takes me back to the magic of December 1978 somewhat, at least.





LOVE ISLAND:

This was probably a stupid purchase--and I got it super cheap. If nothing else, I can put it in my tiki room---if I ever have a tiki room. Why did I buy it? Although I have never seen it, the fact it stars Eva Gabor as an island native (probably the only native girl with an inexplicable Hungarian accent) screamed out high camp to me...kind of like Zsa Zsa being the only Venusian with a Hungarian accent in QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE.But this flick apparently features BLAZING LIPS and THROBBING ADVENTURE! Oh my!!!






SEPTEMBER STORM:

Yes, I have this poster already---several times over. I can't help it. I just see an old 3D poster and I have to make it mine...especially when it goes so cheaply...even though I have several already. And I have yet to see the flick (But I do have the 3D blu ray---I just need a 3D TV. ARGH!)







THE WATCHER IN THE WOODS:

I've never seen this supernatural (?) Disney movie (one of their first rated--gasp!-- PG! Jeepers!), but I was always curious about it. I don't think it got very good reviews and I don't think it was a box office success...but... And Lifetime apparently remade it with Angelica Houston in the Bette Davis role. Which is better? Hmm. Whatever--this was a cheap poster.





THE OMEN (Turkish):

This Turkish OMEN poster is one of my favorite Turkish posters. Yes, I already have a copy of this. I'm a spaz. I do not know how else to explain it. 




HATCHET:

I had no idea HATCHET played theatrically until I saw this poster for sale. Of course, I bought it--despite it being not so very exciting.




JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM: (Teaser)

The Jurassic Park series has been around a long while---with some good entries and some not so great. This last one was pretty good, but the previous chapter was better. I didn't like the posters for the last installment and don't really buy posters for sequels in general (I do in some instances---like my horror and Bond franchises). Still, I liked the art on this one, so...





CAPTAIN SINBAD (Italian 2F):

I am really delighted with this little find. Italian posters were (past tense...since everyone does quick/cheap Photoshop stuff these days) so wonderfully painted back in the day. I've got a collection of Sinbad movies, including the US release of this film. However, for some reason, the US poster calls the film "CAPTAIN SINDBAD" and that extra "D" just bugs the crap out of me. I don't know why they did it. ALL of the cinematic Sinbads I've tracked down have always used the single "D" spelling. My only guess is they were trying to avoid any copyright infringement from "THE SEVENTH VOYAGE OF SINBAD" at the time? Who knows... Who cares...? I'm just glad to have this. Yippie!






Okay---I know that wasn't much, but it is all I have at the moment. I'll see you after my trip...in May or June at the earliest (if I can afford anything. Europe will be expensive---and I can just hear my wallet crying already. Ha!)

Thanks for looking. Have a groovy day. 




CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this