Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2018 #21



Happy December!  Are you ready for the holidays? I'm not. And a lot of late in the year/early next year expenses have me curtailing my poster purchases. This will probably be my final posting for 2018...  Let's take a look:

MAUSOLEUM:

Yes, I already have one of these. It came with the poster below it. I've never seen MAUSOLEUM---which surprises the heck out of me. It's probably trash---I'm sure I'd love it.





NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES:

I remember seeing this flick at a theater that no longer exists back in the day. I had cut class my freshman year of college to see it. I got there in my clunker old Mustang, saw the flick, and got back home. The next time I tried to drive, my car was dead. Phew! Had it died just one trip earlier, I'd have been stranded at the theater...and my class cutting would have been discovered. Ha! And for this movie? Hmm. Not the best zombie flick ever. Far from it, actually. I already have a copy of this poster but thought I'd get an upgrade. 





SOLO (Character Advance):

I am reasonably sure I have this already. It was cheap--so why not? This is strictly a low-risk investment. I'm hoping it will increase in value---but who knows?





The COCKTAIL HOSTESSES:

I just picked this up, minutes ago, from eMovie's store. It's not the most exciting poster ever (far from it) and no where does it say this, but this film was written by Ed "PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE" Wood. So, of course, I needed one. This is an A.C. Stephens flick... I've never seen it. I don't know if it is even available anywhere. 






HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL / DAUGHTER OF DR. JEKYLL (re-release combo):

I will probably never own a HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL...so this re-release double feature poster will have to do. (I already have a poster for DAUGHTER OF DRACULA...but, whatever...)






WAR-GODS OF THE DEEP:

I saw this poster years ago---and have been trying to get it ever since. I had never seen the movie until very recently. When I finally did see it, well...the desire for the poster waned greatly---and then it became mine. Ha! Great cast--Vincent Price, Tab Hunter, David Tomlinson and Susan Hart--wasted in this wild undersea (badly faked) adventure.




BASKET CASE:

I already have a couple of copies of this poster---but this went much cheaper than I thought it should (or maybe people today don't know the movie? It is AWESOME in its low budget brilliance). The sequels were crap and possibly cheapened the value of the original? I remember sneaking out of the house and pushing my car down the block a ways before starting it so i could see a midnight showing of this flick. I was supposed to meet a friend there...but never found her...so ended up watching it alone. Ha!






THE LOST VOLCANO:

When "Boy" (Johnny Sheffield) from the TARZAN series grew too old for the part---he was shipped off to school and never seen again. But some smart producer took Sheffield and had him star in the Bomba-The Jungle Boy series. I've been trying to track these posters down forever. I scored one finally a year or so ago...and now this one. Usually they go so high...but I snagged this one at a surprisingly reasonable price! Whoo hoo!






JAWS (Turkish):

I already have a Turkish JAWS...but it was badly damaged in shipping. (GRRRR!) I needed another and this fit the bill. The added addition of the swimmer in the shark's mouth was inspired. Ha!





THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED-UP ZOMBIES:

This (to me) is the real prize in this posting. INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES... may be one craptastic piece of cinematic sleaze, but it is also amazing in its craptasticness. It's in "Terrorama" and it is (gasp!) "the First Monster Musical"! Ha! I've wanted one of these forever. Finally it is MINE! Whoo HOO!


Here's the trailer for this obscure oddity:




Oh heck...here's the whole freaked-out film. Ha!:




And that's 10. This is gonna do it for 2018, but I should have more in 2019 (I actually already have two so far to kick the new year off!). May your Christmas be jolly and filled with posters you've been dreaming of. Here is to 2019 being the most amazing year ever!




CHEERS!

Comments

  1. What an excellent collection. With so many, you never have to worry about painting your walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Is that Tonyguy70? Thanks for visiting my poster collection blog. Congratulations for slogging in as far as you did. Ha! Thanks for the note. CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this