Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2018 # 19


Hi there! Welcome back to the SHOCK-O-RAMA POSTER SHOW! And happy (almost) HALLOWEEN! Any big plans for the spooky night? I don't know what I'll be doing, but I'll be doing it out of town. Yes, I'm running away for the holiday. So---here is my Halloween offering for this year. Not all of the posters are horror--and not all of them are even good--but there are a few gems in here (in my opinion). Take a gander...if you DARE!




NIGHTMARES:

This was a lot poster. I have several copies and didn't need another---but...  I saw this movie in the theaters. It is an anthology movie. It seems like there were four (?) segments, but I only remember  two of them---something about a video game and one about a woman going to the store alone with a serial killer on the loose. (The woman was so dumb---she "deserved to be killed"---but I don't recall her fate in the film. People were literally SCREAMING at her from the audience because she was so stupid. HA!) It's a crappy film with a real made-for-TV feel to it. Utterly forgettable---no wonder the poster is often included this poster as a freebie or bonus.








STAR WARS III: (Advance):

Another STAR WARS something I got cheap for selling down the road. I'm so NOT ba STAR WARS fan, i don't even know the subtitle for this flick and I'm not going to bother looking it up. Ha!






THE HOUSE WITH A CLOCK IN ITS WALLS:

I have not seen this, but even though it appears to be a kiddie film, it looks kind of cool. I got the advance a while back. This release poster was colorful and cheap. Why not?






DIARY OF THE DEAD (British Quad):

I didn't really need this British quad for DIARY OF THE DEAD. The movie was just so-so (and I DID get to see this in the theaters). However, it is a Romero zombie flick and it is different than the US one sheet. Why not?







HELL FEST (Advance):

I just saw this the other day. Even though it did nothing at the box office (my friend and I were the ONLY ones in the theater during a matinee), I still thought it was pretty good and I could see something like this happening in real life. Scary! I decided to pick up this poster now (while it's cheap) as i have a feeling this movie may catch on down the road...




HELL FEST:

The advance poster was nice, but I really dig this final version of the poster. There are lots of great elements from the film here. It was great fun to see TONY "Candyman" TODD in a cameo part as well (He's the guy on the left in the top hat).  Not a great film, but interesting. It was kind of like a throw back 80s slasher, set today and inside of a big Halloween multiple maze attraction (like 
Universal's HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS or KNOTTS SCARY FARM---but off in the woods somewhere).






ARMY OF DARKNESS:

Yes, another copy of EVIL DEAD 3. The EVIL DEAD films were fun---as was the recent TV series (ASH VS THE EVIL DEAD), which continues the story that was left off in ARMY OF DARKNESS (Part 3).  It's interesting that after three movies, the story received three seasons on the air.  The remake of the first film a few years back was thankfully ignored. 






S.O.S. TITANIC (Italian 2F):

I think I must have completely missed this telling of the unfortunate Titanic saga, This one apparently started life as a 1979 TV movie here in the states. International audiences had to pay to see it in theaters, though. I'm sure it was very TV movie-esque and cheap looking. Oh well, the poster is cool.





THE EXOTIC ONES:

SCORE!!!!  I have wanted this poster forever. I'd have preferred to get this under it's alternative name, THE MONSTER AND THE STRIPPER, but I will take what I can get. This shot in New Orleans exploitationer was made by Ron & June Ormond. The Ormonds got their start making westerns. When TV started eating in to the profits of westerns, they switched to horror and exploitation, creating such flicks as MESA OF LOST WOMEN and UNTAMED MISTRESS. From exploitation, they moved into producing country music movies (like FORTY ACRE FEUD and WHITE LIGHTNING ROAD) and then segued into producing roller derby on TV. After a brief return to exploitation (like this flick, THE EXOTIC ONES, and THE GIRL FROM TOBACCO ROAD), their final calling turned out to be making religious scare films, such as THE BURNING HELL and THE GRIM REAPER. This flick features the Ormond's son Tim and stars (as the monster) someone named SLEEPY LABEEF. I kid you not. Zowie! 





CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON (2012 French Re-Release):

Although I have a THE CREATURE WALKS AMONG US one sheet, I'll never be able to afford an original CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON poster, so I am thrilled to win this cool French re-release...wallowing in the fact it is in 3D, too!





That is all of the treats I have today, kiddies. I hope your Halloween is spooktacular! May the Great Pumpkin bring you lots of rare and cool poster treats!

BOO!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this