Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2019 #9



Step right up, ladies and gents. Step right up and be prepared to see the most shocking cavalcade of perversions and horror ever seen. Can your heart stand such endless terror? Can your mind tolerate a non-stop assault on the senses? This is not for the faint at heart, the feeble minded or those who are sexually inexperienced. Be prepared to go beyond the limits of your imagination and beyond the limits of taste or morality. Get ready to experience the impossible and the unimaginable.

Don't I wish. Actually, it's just another so-so edition of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show. But take a look-see if you like. It's cheap (FREE) and you might see something you've never seen before. (That's doubtful, but we can all hope. Right?)

Okay, the show is starting. But before we dim the lights and begin, let me remind you that there are no refunds. View at your own risk!



BEYOND EROTICA:

This was in a lot purchase. I wasn't even going to bother posting it...and then I looked at it more closely. David Hemmings and Alida Valli are in this? And it's rated R? The climax is only the beginning---clever tag line...but what is BEYOND EROTICA? Hmm. Lame poster though.







THE HUNTED:

I am guessing that this flick isn't that good. I've never heard of it--and I'm old(-ish). If it were some great flick, i'm sure it would have been picked up on my radar at some point... but it hasn't. But the poster makes it look like it should be good. It's a lot purchase. And while it's not a great poster, it's interesting. It got me wondering about the flick...I did find it's alternate title is TOUCH ME NOT and it was from 1974...but even though it has a 5.6 rating on IMDB, there are no reviews for it. Hmm.








SCORE:

I've seen this poster (which is as dull as they come) sell for quite a decent amount of money (and i have no idea why). So I was super surprised when I spotted this in my lot purchase. I think i may have purchased this on DVD a long while back...but I haven't bothered with it yet. It just doesn't look that interesting.But what do I know?










TERROR AT RED WOLF INN:

I think I may have this already--but I'm not sure. But if I do have one already, what the heck? No big deal. I could swear I have seen this flick... After reading the description on IMDB, scenes are flashing in my head. But where would I have seen this? Hmm.







TORSO:

I remember when this came out. I wanted to see it so bad. Of course, to my little 9 year old mind at the time, I thought it was going to be utterly gruesome. It's a 1973 Euro film but was released here in September 1974 (according to IMDB). TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE came out a month later. The success of TCM probably helped TORSO's business. (In my memory, TORSO came out AFTER TCM....and that may be the case in my home town. Back then, movies were not all released nationwide at the same time. They played an area for a while, then moved to another area and played there, before moving on again.) I've still never seen the flick. The poster is just a cheap photo collage. The saw and the tagline with the word psychosexual were probably enough to get 1974 audiences in. Oh well. i'm not dead yet. Maybe I'll see it some day.








THE CREATURES/FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE/THE CREATURES FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE:

I thought this title was a little fishy. I wasn't sure if I had this poster already or not. But the cast looked familiar and, yep...THE CREATURES and FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE are the same movie. It has even been issued as THE CREATURES FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE according to IMDB. Not a great poster--but okay-ish. Whatever...






NEW HOUSE ON THE LEFT / NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS/LAST STOP ON THE NIGHT TRAIN/LAST HOUSE - PART II/SECOND HOUSE ON THE LEFT/CHRISTMAS MASSACRE:

I love the fact that the US distributors tried to pawn this off on the public as a sequel to LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT. In fact, it was released with several different titles to make it seem like a sequel (LAST HOUSE - PART II and SECOND HOUSE ON THE LEFT). The movie IS a ripoff of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, but it takes place on a train---not in a house. I love how the poster makes it appear as if the girl is in a chair near the living room window, when she is actually on a train seat. Nothing shown in the window is ever in the movie. Still, LAST STOP ON THE NIGHT TRAIN is a gritty little movie on its own--despite being a LAST HOUSE knock off.







KEEP MY GRAVE OPEN:

S.F. Brownrigg made a string of regional films back in the 70s that were almost good. Of the four flicks he is known (DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT, DON'T OPEN THE DOOR, SCUM OF THE EARTH and KEEP MY GRAVE OPEN), I prefer SCUM OF THE EARTH. That flick was later re-titled POOR WHITE TRASH 2 and features the only filmed "okie blow" (blowing snot out of your nose onto the ground) I've ever seen on film. There are no okie blows in KEEP MY GRAVE OPEN---but it might have helped. The film is about a woman who lives in a run down old mansion somewhere in Texas and who may or may not be crazy. It starts off well, but falls apart by the end. Still, it is a shame that Brownrigg didn't make more films. There really is promise in his low-rent thrillers from the 70s. He made one silly comedy in the mid-80s and that was it. He died in the mid-90s at age 58.






HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW:

I've seen the remake, but never the original...which is odd because it seemed like I was always at the movies in the 80s...and yet somehow I missed a lot of the lower-tiered 80s slasher classics. Any good? Worth the bother?







CORPSE EATERS:

I love this poster even though the film (which is super hard to track down) is kind of a dud. I have a coupe of copies of it already, but why not one more? The amazing thing about this poster is that there seem to be a lot of them floating around out there...and yet the film never really had much of a theatrical run. Why were so many posters made? I'm just glad I got to see the flick and have a few of these cool beauties myself. Are there any other post-NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD/pre-DAWN OF THE DEAD zombie flicks I still need posters for? Hmm...




Okay--that was short and not too filling. Do you still have room for more cheese and sleaze? Stay tuned because another installment of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is coming VERY soon. BEWARE!!!



CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this